• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh this 1 will run and run, whenever the little racist bucktoothed tit dives or screams racist abuse, the witch hunt and "IT WAS FERGIE" claims will be brought out, untill hes been "DRIVEN AWAY BY THE WITCH HUNT" and moves to a new Country that counts racism as the norm.

Chelsea fans that was nev....or NF....or Everton supporters.

Chelsea mate definately

If my eyes dont deceive me I am sure that the bloke with the Munich 58 flag was a cockney dressed as a pearly king

Perhaps dear old Sammy shook his hand to thank him for a tub of Jellied Eels he provided free of charge earlier :o

Today's Echo: Libpoolfootballclublids furious about "The Witch-hunt"®.

"WHY is there a witchhunt in the upper echelons of the FA against Liverpool & Luis Suarez? I cannot remember Manchester United’s Gary Neville being charged by the FA after running the length of the pitch to celebrate threateningly in front of the LFC supporters after a Rio Ferdinand winner versus Liverpool at Old Trafford in 2007. The media hype against Suarez began after Ferguson stated after the 1-1 draw versus United at Anfield that "Suarez is diving all over the place!"

------------------------------------------------

ONCE again we see the double standards of the FA.
Wayne Rooney receives a red card and a three match ban from Euro 2012 for needlessly and petulantly kicking an opponent. Rather that accept this well deserved punishment, the FA send a team of legal big shots to UEFA to get the ban reduced.
Of course, Rooney is needed for England's qualifying group. But Jay Spearing wins the ball in a tackle, catches his opponent with his trailing foot, and our friend, Mr Friend has no hesitation in brandishing his red card! What’s more, Liverpool are to be sanctioned because some players remonstrated with the referee about his decision – something that Manchester United and Chelsea players do on a regular basis. The hypocricy and cynicism of our game’s ruling body defies belief! LFC need to fight these scandalous charges with all their power and Kenny Dalglish proves with every interview that he is a superb LFC manager who will fight LFC’s corner against the clowns who preside at the FA."

Today's Echo: Libpoolfootballclublids furious about "The Witch-hunt"®.

"WHY is there a witchhunt in the upper echelons of the FA against Liverpool & Luis Suarez? I cannot remember Manchester United’s Gary Neville being charged by the FA after running the length of the pitch to celebrate threateningly in front of the LFC supporters after a Rio Ferdinand winner versus Liverpool at Old Trafford in 2007. The media hype against Suarez began after Ferguson stated after the 1-1 draw versus United at Anfield that "Suarez is diving all over the place!"

------------------------------------------------

ONCE again we see the double standards of the FA.
Wayne Rooney receives a red card and a three match ban from Euro 2012 for needlessly and petulantly kicking an opponent. Rather that accept this well deserved punishment, the FA send a team of legal big shots to UEFA to get the ban reduced.
Of course, Rooney is needed for England's qualifying group. But Jay Spearing wins the ball in a tackle, catches his opponent with his trailing foot, and our friend, Mr Friend has no hesitation in brandishing his red card! What’s more, Liverpool are to be sanctioned because some players remonstrated with the referee about his decision – something that Manchester United and Chelsea players do on a regular basis. The hypocricy and cynicism of our game’s ruling body defies belief! LFC need to fight these scandalous charges with all their power and Kenny Dalglish proves with every interview that he is a superb LFC manager who will fight LFC’s corner against the clowns who preside at the FA."

And that clears him of being a diving racist?

Like the way they try to make a bigger deal out of it that the highest football authority is against them.

Slight of hand trick. They make a fuss over here and cry so we wont talk about his blatant diving and racist remarks over there that they can't defend.

I cannot remember Manchester United’s Gary Neville being charged by the FA after running the length of the pitch to celebrate threateningly in front of the LFC supporters after a Rio Ferdinand winner versus Liverpool at Old Trafford in 2007.

Celebrating threateningly? Jesus Christ.

It's not 'media hype' and it's not been since Ferguson pointed out he's a cheat. The media are actually defending Suarez while he gets abuse from fans who can clearly see without bias what a piece of work he is.

I wonder why it is that the Liverpool FC Echo fails to appreciate that Racism is a much more serious offence than, say, a minor assault (kicking someone) or indeed running around making childish playground noises (a la Neville (G.). I guess they are too thick to differentiate between these things. Perhaps they missed the current Lawrence trial & have no understanding of the matter. Perhaps they also fail to comprehend the consequences of Nazism or of the massacres in the FRY or Rwanda! I may well be taking the point to an extreme but it's this sort of burying one's head in the sand that allows racism in society & precisely why a high profile incident needs to be dealt with appropriately. Since they fail to be objective in their assessment they are prepared to condone his guilt (rather than accept the need to establish innocence or otherwise) & complain that it's wrong to go through this process. One should never underestimate the need to remain vigilant & the requirement to determine the truth.

I wonder why it is that the Liverpool FC Echo fails to appreciate that Racism is a much more serious offence than, say, a minor assault (kicking someone) or indeed running around making childish playground noises (a la Neville (G.). I guess they are too thick to differentiate between these things. Perhaps they missed the current Lawrence trial & have no understanding of the matter. Perhaps they also fail to comprehend the consequences of Nazism or of the massacres in the FRY or Rwanda! I may well be taking the point to an extreme but it's this sort of burying one's head in the sand that allows racism in society & precisely why a high profile incident needs to be dealt with appropriately. Since they fail to be objective in their assessment they are prepared to condone his guilt (rather than accept the need to establish innocence or otherwise) & complain that it's wrong to go through this process. One should never underestimate the need to remain vigilant & the requirement to determine the truth.

We all remember their portrayal of Bulgaria and Bulgarians when they covered the Shields case. It was very racist. Bulgarians were savages living in the dark ages and Shields was an urgent case to be repatriated so he could be taken out of the hell hole. The charges of smashing a concrete slab on a waiter's head and all but killing him in a vicious assault barely came into it.

Prepare Ye Olde Stanleye Parke Ducking Stool
s Ducking Stool (by J. Horsfall Turner).jpg

The Telegraph have a suspiciously well-sourced article that, if accurate, suggest Suarez is ****ed. The only worrying thing is that this hearing is being held in private - the absurdity of the RS argument (that calling someone negro is like calling someone "blond") would never stand up if it was held publically.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...mpt-to-unravel-most-complicated-of-cases.html

I raised an eyebrow at these two bits:

1) the strapline...

"In a North-Western hotel suite off the M6, three wise men are sitting in judgment on Luis Suárez, attempting to unravel one of the most complicated disciplinary cases ever dealt with by the Football Association."

What's complicated about it? Of all the words he could have used to describe Evra he chose Negro because he knew it would wound and wind the player up. Guilty as charged.

2) And this - "Liverpool’s work in combating racism is sure to be mentioned."

I must confess, I'm unaware of this work. Never employed an Irish Catholic until the 1970s; rioting over on the continent; a manager who used to joke about a player's skin colour. I can remember that, but not the fantastic humanitarian effort of actually combatting racism.

But Dave, What about all the hard work they've put in educating us clueless souls about the cultural differences between Brits and Uruguayans?

I raised an eyebrow at these two bits:

2) And this - "Liverpool’s work in combating racism is sure to be mentioned."

I must confess, I'm unaware of this work. Never employed an Irish Catholic until the 1970s; rioting over on the continent; a manager who used to joke about a player's skin colour. I can remember that, but not the fantastic humanitarian effort of actually combatting racism.

John Barnes played for them. Don't you remember that FFS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back