• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Barnes played for them. Don't you remember that FFS?

He done a super interview a little while back.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...sm-problem-that-football-just-cant-shift.html

“I had bananas thrown at me and monkey chants at West Ham and Millwall five years before that Everton game but because it was a high-profile match everyone took notice. It had been going on for ages. There wasn’t a game in the Eighties when you didn’t get racial abuse as a black player. I got racist abuse at Liverpool when I played for Watford. Then I played for Liverpool and didn’t get it. If I had played for Everton against Liverpool then maybe the Liverpool fans would have racially abused me.

I've heard he has got off.Which of course, is no suprise.

The FA were threatened by the RS that theyd all get banners made against them.

They swiftly bottled it.

If he's got away with, he's done so on a technicality via the good work of the RS and his lawyer.

Common sense says he called evra black 10 times to wind him up.

"Any black player knows this. We’ve played against players, got into an altercation, looked him in the eye, he’s not said anything, but you know he’s thinking “you black ----’. He wants to say it but doesn’t because he knows he’ll get into trouble."

'kinell, Liverpool and paranoia eh.

“Racism’s still a big problem in football. Racism can be invisible. How many black managers in England are there? Two. Black managers are given very short periods of time because people don’t believe they are up to the job. That’s racism. It’s not just a white thing. Look at the hierarchy of black African football who believe European coaches are better than black African. They treat black coaches with disdain. There’s this black dynamic of not feeling good enough."

That just confirms my opinion that John Barnes is one of the biggest bell ends ever. What a load of sh*te.

That just confirms my opinion that John Barnes is one of the biggest bell ends ever. What a load of sh*te.

In his defence, the "there arent enough black managers" statistical argument is very widespread across many sports, its not as if he has just come up with it, nor has he probably understood the underlying daftness (after all, noone would ever say that we have too many black players, or not enough white ones) of it.

Plus of course he has in all likelyhood to watch the FA trash its anti-racist policy solely to accomodate the short-term interest of one of his former clubs.

Twitter rumour re Libpoolfootballclub's Klansmen:

Luis Suarez found guilty of racists remarks to Patrice Evra. Fined £17,000 & 6 match ban

In his defence, the "there arent enough black managers" statistical argument is very widespread across many sports, its not as if he has just come up with it, nor has he probably understood the underlying daftness (after all, noone would ever say that we have too many black players, or not enough white ones) of it.

Plus of course he has in all likelyhood to watch the FA trash its anti-racist policy solely to accomodate the short-term interest of one of his former clubs.

The manager of England ladies is black. Statistically in percentage of white people to black people within England's population, it's probably about right.

What he's saying is if Patrick Viera went into management he'd be given less time because he's black. Which is clearly unfounded and ridiculous. To be honest I see that as racism towards white people.

Maybe it's just Barnes' experiences because he was an absolutely clueless manager.

Twitter rumour re Libpoolfootballclub's Klansmen:

Luis Suarez found guilty of racists remarks to Patrice Evra. Fined £17,000 & 6 match ban

Dear Lord, I know I've took the p*ss out of you in the past and studied atheistic philosophy, but please let this be true. I'll sacrifice a pig or anything.

Latest twitter news: Luis Suarez expected to receive lengthy ban

No mention of whether he'll be allowed to keep his bedsheets and pointy hat though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back