• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering. I've always liked Hamaan, good pundit on RTE. Met him on a night out in Bruxelle's when I was pissed many years ago, chatted utter wham to him for a few minutes and he hung on in there far longer than he had to
He actually wrote back calling them bellends. Still can't quite forgive him being a Tory. Hyppia & Alonso were sound when I met them. Gerrard was a tit.

John Giles often gets up my nose but this is enjoyable!!!

https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...nify-his-argument-with-a-debate-36409187.html

AROUND this time of the year, the pantomime season kicks off but I reckon Jose Mourinho and Jurgen Klopp could star in a Punch and Judy show all year round. Both men would have to be billed as villains.

Sunday’s big derby double confirmed what I believed to be the case about Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City. They are a brave group with a brave manager and now racing favourites to win the title with some comfort.

But it also underlined just how petulant grown men can be in football. Put it this way, it’s quite an achievement to make Sam Allardyce look like a reasonable man but both Klopp and Mourinho managed to do that.

While they were bleating and, by the looks of things, Mourinho was fighting, Allardyce simply ducked away from Anfield with a very fortunate point and kept his mouth shut.

I’ll bet Bobby Charlton and those at Manchester United who didn’t want Mourinho to darken the door are fuming.

Mourinho has had the same amount of time as Guardiola to do his work and the difference between the two teams is significant. The difference between the managers is stark.

And I’ll bet those who viewed Klopp as a kind of Mersyside Messiah are having second thoughts. He’s certainly not the cuddly creature we saw when he first arrived at Anfield.

He has an irrational streak and doesn’t control himself on the touchline. Tunnel vision doesn’t quite cover his insistence that Dejan Lovren was blameless for Everton’s equalising penalty.

I won’t even dignify that with a debate.
Klopp behaved like an idiot with Sky’s reporter Patrick Davison and these were the actions of a man who has lost control.

A few hours later Mourinho managed to place himself at the centre of a major incident which ended in a brawl at Old Trafford.

At the root of all the nonsense on Sunday was a very simple thing. Both Mourinho and Klopp are like spoiled children who cannot lose well and quite often win badly.

Manchester United were outplayed by City and Mourinho couldn’t deal with it so he did what he always does and deflects, this time in a way which dragged everyone into the melee.

Instead of talking about Mourinho’s failure to match Guardiola on the pitch, the headlines are full of blaring headlines about plastic water bottles and punches flying.

Managers only visit opposing dressing rooms to offer congratulations and the idea that Mourinho was upset with the scale of City’s celebrations is beyond laughable.

I don’t have to list the number of times Mourinho has acted the clown on the touchline, baited referees and ignored the sins of his own players while lashing those who dive and cheat.

Klopp allowed his anger and frustration to boil over and showed a dark side to his personality. Mourinho’s bile is never far away and will surface again.

Football is all about sucking it up when you lose a big game like that or have drawn one you feel you should have won.

We tell kids from an early age that they should be gracious when they win and honest when they lose.

What are they to think when they see the managers of two of the biggest clubs in the world behaving like school yard bullies?

John Giles often gets up my nose but this is enjoyable!!!

https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...nify-his-argument-with-a-debate-36409187.html

AROUND this time of the year, the pantomime season kicks off but I reckon Jose Mourinho and Jurgen Klopp could star in a Punch and Judy show all year round. Both men would have to be billed as villains.

Sunday’s big derby double confirmed what I believed to be the case about Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City. They are a brave group with a brave manager and now racing favourites to win the title with some comfort.

But it also underlined just how petulant grown men can be in football. Put it this way, it’s quite an achievement to make Sam Allardyce look like a reasonable man but both Klopp and Mourinho managed to do that.

While they were bleating and, by the looks of things, Mourinho was fighting, Allardyce simply ducked away from Anfield with a very fortunate point and kept his mouth shut.

I’ll bet Bobby Charlton and those at Manchester United who didn’t want Mourinho to darken the door are fuming.

Mourinho has had the same amount of time as Guardiola to do his work and the difference between the two teams is significant. The difference between the managers is stark.

And I’ll bet those who viewed Klopp as a kind of Mersyside Messiah are having second thoughts. He’s certainly not the cuddly creature we saw when he first arrived at Anfield.

He has an irrational streak and doesn’t control himself on the touchline. Tunnel vision doesn’t quite cover his insistence that Dejan Lovren was blameless for Everton’s equalising penalty.

I won’t even dignify that with a debate.
Klopp behaved like an idiot with Sky’s reporter Patrick Davison and these were the actions of a man who has lost control.

A few hours later Mourinho managed to place himself at the centre of a major incident which ended in a brawl at Old Trafford.

At the root of all the nonsense on Sunday was a very simple thing. Both Mourinho and Klopp are like spoiled children who cannot lose well and quite often win badly.

Manchester United were outplayed by City and Mourinho couldn’t deal with it so he did what he always does and deflects, this time in a way which dragged everyone into the melee.

Instead of talking about Mourinho’s failure to match Guardiola on the pitch, the headlines are full of blaring headlines about plastic water bottles and punches flying.

Managers only visit opposing dressing rooms to offer congratulations and the idea that Mourinho was upset with the scale of City’s celebrations is beyond laughable.

I don’t have to list the number of times Mourinho has acted the clown on the touchline, baited referees and ignored the sins of his own players while lashing those who dive and cheat.

Klopp allowed his anger and frustration to boil over and showed a dark side to his personality. Mourinho’s bile is never far away and will surface again.

Football is all about sucking it up when you lose a big game like that or have drawn one you feel you should have won.

We tell kids from an early age that they should be gracious when they win and honest when they lose.

What are they to think when they see the managers of two of the biggest clubs in the world behaving like school yard bullies?

Mr Giles best check every parcel he receives isn't ticking and that the brakes on his car haven't been tampered with.

The mutants will be going apeshit over that, like.

New favourite on there...a summary:

"Are you then suggesting that every team suffers equally from incompetent refs. There is a reason why some suffer more than others and it is not inconceivable that some teams are singled out more than others....It goes further to the individual- John Terry or Rio Ferdinand commits the alleged offence- will it be deemed a foul. It was Lovren therefore it must be foul- the clumsy foreigner. You just need to look at how Lucas received yellow card after yellow card for either non fouls or the most innocuous of fouls. Compare that to Scholes or Carragher. Carragher drew blood from Nani and only received a yellow which really deserved a red and possibly an extended ban- that's how violent it was."

Most booked players in PL history:

1. Gareth Barry
2. Wayne Rooney
3. Lee Bowyer
4. Kevin Davies
5. Paul Scholes

lol

"There is a reason why some suffer more than others and it is not inconceivable that some teams are singled out more than others"

"Carragher drew blood from Nani and only received a yellow which really deserved a red and possibly an extended ban- that's how violent it was."

Carragher should have had a red but only received a yellow. Sounds like Carragher was singled out, more than others, for special lenient treatment. Oh the irony.

Which one ofyou scamps posted this:

"We broke his heart, in my opinion. He loved Liverpool as most of us loved him. When your one true love kicks you out in favour of a broken down, toothless old fool with the charisma of a mouldy sock dredged up from the darkest and most fetid corner of the basement, your entire sense of perspective is lost.

I think he's been seeking something that doesn't exist anymore - the romance of football. It's why I still worship the man - he's from the old days when football meant something bigger than bank balances. There's a reason he is in equal company with our true greats on our banner. He has that same soul.
"

One of the greatest parodies I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back