Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadly, "Everton are white" used to be heard an awful lot from Evertonians mate.

Happily, those days are long gone, but you still here the odd racist comment, more at away games tbh. The last obvious one I heard was at Stamford Bridge when some loud mouthed southern Blue kept berating "Chalky" every time Lukaku got caught offside or miscontrolled the ball.

So you're saying it was Chelsea?

Would love him to go in January, but it's inevitable either way, the RS are in the same boat as the rest of us, the big boys come calling and there's not much you can do. Ask Suarez.

Would love him to go in January, but it's inevitable either way, the RS are in the same boat as the rest of us, the big boys come calling and there's not much you can do. Ask Suarez.

Of course, even Barcelona themselves becomd a selling club when they were powerless to let Neymar go. Its a football foodchain

Why do people think I'm a kopite? :/

I'm not a kopite. I supported Liverpool when I was a little kid, purely because they were my mum's old team, and switched teams in 1996. For what it's worth, i've never heard any nasty racist chants whenever I've been the match. Hopefully I never will. Do I need to post a selfie in an Everton shirt to prove it or something? The reason I made that comment is because I read somewhere that some Everton fans used to be proud of us not having black players.

Also, throwing my mental illness in my face like that is pretty cruel.

I think it's just a few inconsistencies in the posts that arouse suspicion mate, that's all.

I wouldn't ever question someone's mental health issues and just take them at face value, sadly we've seen someone on here lie about it before though so I think we're just naturally suspicious folk.

Could you just explain this though mate;

Fan since 1996 and 33 years of age

I've been a fan since 1996 - I'm 33 and I became a fan the year after my little brother, who at least got to see us win the cup. (I did root for Everton, though, due to really hating Man United.) So I'm kind of used to long periods of crap. I wonder if people who say the Martinez years were the worst ever remember the Smith years, because those were depressing. Kevin Campbell was one of the few good things to come out of that era. I was so sad when he went to West Brom!

As an aside, I also like going to lower division games - I'm trying to get to a Sheffield Wednesday match or two, Bury as well as I have a mate who supports them - because it's so refreshing after all the drama and stupidity of the Premiership. Cambridge United, my second team, are not glamorous and won't be winning titles, but it's nice to watch football in a smaller stadium with my family, without being surrounded by adverts for the UAE (looking at you, Man City) or tourists wearing those stupid half and half scarves. Plus the tickets are affordable, which is great for my stepdad as he supports Chelsea and he can barely get to Stamford Bridge now because of not living in London and ridiculous prices. As for other Premiership stadiums, I don't mind Old Trafford too much, if only because it's near a residential area and still has that old school feel about it, but the Etihad leaves me cold. It doesn't even feel like a football stadium. It's on this weird concrete concourse thing with its own tram stop.

First match at the end of 1996 when you first started supporting us.

I am so sorry. At least my first match was the last game of the season in 1996. It all went down the toilet after that, though I saw some good games. Like the thrashing of West Ham. I'll always love Kevin Campbell for that.

But you were at the Wimbledon game 2 years earlier as a 14 year old. So you'd be either 35 or 36 now, not 33?

I was there - I was 14, I think. It was insane. We had Aussie relatives who went the match with us and had to explain that no, not all Everton matches end up with fans running on the pitch. And because this was before social media was a thing, I remember people in the crowd had transistor radios with them to find out what the scores were. Someone gave my brother a bit of Goodison turf as we were walking back to the car. He built a little shrine for it.

Thank you, based Gareth :dance:

Maybe I've just misread something and apologies of I have, I'm not slinging accusations at you and I don't need you to justify your support, was just curious.

I think it's just a few inconsistencies in the posts that arouse suspicion mate, that's all.

I wouldn't ever question someone's mental health issues and just take them at face value, sadly we've seen someone on here lie about it before though so I think we're just naturally suspicious folk.

Could you just explain this though mate;

Fan since 1996 and 33 years of age

First match at the end of 1996 when you first started supporting us.

But you were at the Wimbledon game 2 years earlier as a 14 year old. So you'd be either 35 or 36 now, not 33?

Maybe I've just misread something and apologies of I have, I'm not slinging accusations at you and I don't need you to justify your support, was just curious.

giphy.gif

Like I said I would never want to cause anyone undue stress, and certainly not someone suffering some fairly big mental health issues, just wanted to clarify a couple of points.

Probably an explanation anyhow but I'm a big advocate of the MH thread so it's the only reason I raised it really.

I'm sure he'll understand and explain the discrepancy. He seems so unnecessarily detailed with all of his other Everton memories, it would be weird for him to slip up on a thing like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back