Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
140 Million

Those arse holes always land on their feet don't they? It's bloody sickening

It's good business. I'd sell, given that they still have Salah, Firminio and Mane. It means they can resist offers on those, plus they should be able to get someone in to replace him at that money - or at least not have to take any financial hit on VVD or Keita. Easy to see the justification for selling the better players when it ain't your club ain't it?

A few clubs might sell right at the top of the bubble and come out smelling of roses when the market corrects itself. Surely these prices can't keep rising like they are?

It's good business. I'd sell, given that they still have Salah, Firminio and Mane. It means they can resist offers on those, plus they should be able to get someone in to replace him at that money - or at least not have to take any financial hit on VVD or Keita. Easy to see the justification for selling the better players when it ain't your club ain't it?

A few clubs might sell right at the top of the bubble and come out smelling of roses when the market corrects itself. Surely these prices can't keep rising like they are?

It's easier to justify when you strengthen with proven decent players and have replacements already rather than hopeful punts

it means they can resist yeah, but they're a selling club, so they'll eventually sell them all

it means they can resist yeah, but they're a selling club, so they'll eventually sell them all
Eventually... can't come soon enough.

Ironically a bit Southampton-esque, you sell and replace more cheaply as a business model, and eventually like Southampton, the replacements don't come off and you go belly up and drop down a level.

The rs at the moment have some very saleable assets. FSG are all about business, and I can respect that attitude if you are upfront about it and part of that business includes on field success, so it means that eventually they will be sold whilst they obtain a higher price than what they think is that player's true value. It's just moneyball.

I always thought that Sane and Firminio were only passing through there as well, so probably for Summer with Keita in to 'mask' the outgoings then. Mind you a couple of the bigger fish might be sniffing around Salah if he keeps on going as he is doing now.

Eventually... can't come soon enough.

Ironically a bit Southampton-esque, you sell and replace more cheaply as a business model, and eventually like Southampton, the replacements don't come off and you go belly up and drop down a level.

The rs at the moment have some very saleable assets. FSG are all about business, and I can respect that attitude if you are upfront about it and part of that business includes on field success, so it means that eventually they will be sold whilst they obtain a higher price than what they think is that player's true value. It's just moneyball.

I always thought that Sane and Firminio were only passing through there as well, so probably for Summer with Keita in to 'mask' the outgoings then. Mind you a couple of the bigger fish might be sniffing around Salah if he keeps on going as he is doing now.

they've struck lucky it seems. I mean coutinho was a flop who couldn't even get into a bottom half milan side and now they're going to make £100m+ off him, as well as getting good service. We sign these types of players and they never seem to live up to potential. Just look at klaassen and sandro, they come in with a fairly high reputation, bang in form and have utter flopped here so far.

Their squad is thin and weak though, except for their so called "fab 4", there are no other sellable assets, especially with can wanting out on a free, but yet they'll always get mugs paying a £15m for ibe, a £20m for carroll, a £32m for benteke etc. It is a major bit of luck, especially when most men and their dog can see that these aren't good value for money signings. But they won't always get as lucky as they did with salah., thankfully.

Coutinho is the player that makes those three tick. His importance cannot be overstated imo.

it's being slightly glossed over but they're losing another of their better players in Can as well, not even sure they've strengthened too much.

Think Can is better than Keita and Coutinho leaving will massively reduce their goals, VVD is ok I guess but not exactly Baresi.

Will be lucky to make top 4 this year and have no chance next year. Disastrous window for them.

Coutinho is the player that makes those three tick. His importance cannot be overstated imo.

it's being slightly glossed over but they're losing another of their better players in Can as well, not even sure they've strengthened too much.

Think Can is better than Keita and Coutinho leaving will massively reduce their goals, VVD is ok I guess but not exactly Baresi.

Will be lucky to make top 4 this year and have no chance next year. Disastrous window for them.
I hope you're right. The 'fab four' are also prone to niggles and minor injuries under heavy metal Jurgen, so with a little more demanded on them, they may have a couple of breakdowns.

With potential non-settling in of newer players and they could be regretting it all.

Here's hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back