Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC"

Status
Not open for further replies.
They alway have a purple patch knocking over real top clubs - they do it each season. They also fall on their arses against poor opposition each season.

How does that not ring true or offend or embarrass?
they do I don’t disagree but I’d make the comments you like to make on a day they have that type of f*** up and not when they have a very good win .
They are 2nd , and still in the fa cup and champions league . Whether you like it or not they are having a decent season and along with playing well they have a never say die attitude atm (Burnley away for example) . But I’m not going to spend my night going back and forth with an argumentative loonatic like yourself so crack on mate .

Last edited:
Catch up in the summer how? Top players choose the top clubs, and more importantly top managers choose the top clubs. They have Klopp, we have Allardyce. They are getting Keita, we are after Walcott. We are not viewed as an appealing destination for the type of players and manager than can make the club catch up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42620798

Jean Seri, 26, midfield, Nice. Linked with Everton
Julien Laurens

"It looks like Everton are leading the race. But when you are so close to Barcelona I don't think it's the greatest feeling to be linked with Everton. But he wants to leave and they might let him go for the right price. I still think he is a very good player and he would be a great addition to this Everton team but he could do better."

Sam Allardyce is our manager, none of the top six would have ever considered him regardless of circumstance. Koeman was a big name player but never a big name manager, similar to Michael Laudrup. Then there's the players, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Bolasie, fortunes forked out on second tier players deemed not good enough for the top clubs. That's not closing any gap to the top six. Leicester broke the mould the way they did it by unearthing hidden gems in Kante, Vardy and Mahrez. We are going after players who we already know aren't top notch rather than trying to do a Leicester.

When I said catch up in the summer, I meant the summer of 2017. We were in a relatively good position then having just finished 7th and qualified for Europe. Instead of capitalising on these factors and pushing on from a solid position we’ve gone backwards and regressed. And to be honest our recruitment has been poor for a while but it sunk to new lows the last window.

This summer I have very little hope for anything. But I have to ask you, what exactly is the point of us even existing if it’s as hopeless as you say?

they do I don’t disagree but I’d make the comments you like to make on a day they have that type of f*** up and not when they have a very good win .
They m are 2nd , and still in the fa cup and champions league . Whether you like it or not they are having a decent season and along with playing well they have a never say die attitude atm (Burnley away for example) . But I’m not going to spend my night going back and forth with an argumentative loonatic like yourself so crack on mate .

I think you're taking this way too seriously mate. You do accept that it's generally the case that rival supporters give each other nothing? And today they genuinely should get that because this is no achievement. We beat City last season handily enough and I wouldn't have expected that lot to be doffing their caps.

They\re on a good run; soon they'll hit the buffers again.

I think you're taking this way too seriously mate. You do accept that it's generally the case that rival supporters give each other nothing? And today they genuinely should get that because this is no achievement. We beat City last season handily enough and I wouldn't have expected that lot to be doffing their caps.

They\re on a good run; soon they'll hit the buffers again.
maybe I’ve done what you are doing myself in 2005 every round and look how that happened. And plenty of other times . Now do I think they’ll win anything? No , but I don’t get cocky about it because it would be foolish to do so .

Meh, this season is meh. They're doing well, and you'd expect that given the resources they have. I said to me dad before Christmas that they would be the ones to hand City their first loss of the season and I expected nothing else today. I watched until 4-1. Expected it to be more but not surprised it ended 4-3 either. Honestly don't care what they do anymore tbh. This season had drained the life out of me a little. We thought we had a better summer window than them. We thought we had a stronger squad than them. Fast forward toward the middle of the season and we sack our manager and are in the relegation zone with none of our summer signings performing. Some of them have been [Poor language removed] tbh. Fast forward another few weeks and although things aren't as dire as they used to be we employ the professional firefighting services of Sam Allardyce and play some of the worst football I've seen us play in a while. Was at the 1-1 at Anfield and I've never seen us play so negative and absolutely boring. I'd rather we have a go and lose than park a double decker and somehow escape with a lucky draw. Of course Allardyce will leave at the end of the season and claim that he's saved us and the media will lap it up and he'll go into the next big job with his reputation added to but we've gone back as a club this season. We'll either have to settle for the next up and coming coach in Europe or a steady journeyman ala Koeman. What happened to talking about Simeone and the like eh. Meanwhile we haven't had a shot on target in eons while they put 4 past a City side that I think is easily the best the Premier League has seen and could have scored 5 or 6. It's all so very depressing.

They're doing well, we're doing terrible.

They'll end up with what we'll end up with in May: sweet f.a.

...but look at the City result and Arsenal result...and the Big Stand.

Ian Ladyman in the mail with his ‘finger on the merseybeat’ wrote ‘no one has done this to City since Spurs beat them in 2016.

Maybe if you’re not in the media 6 then inflicting the biggest loss of Guardiola’s career doesn’t count.

The links with Simeone? Aubameyang? James last summer?

Also it wasn't too long ago that Hodgson was managing them into decline. Big Sam is a far better coach than Woy (or Rodgers) and he's just keeping the seat warm.

The point is they are in our bracket of upper mid-table teams with no current realistic prospect of winning the title. Except we have Mosh ready to spend dollar and they have a bunch of tight fisted hedge fund managers counting beans and doing moneyball
bore off rednose

Their playing well, they’ve played quite well all season even the game at city till Mane was centre off they were the better side sadly they got in a few times I remember Salah should of scored early on. I think they’ll win the fa cup and finish 4th not their league title but it’s a trophy and how they go about it (style of play). They will have some bad days were we can all laugh but being serious it shows the Derby result in December sam set us up for a draw as he New we go open we’d get a proper hiding, the quicker we highlight a manager who plays with no fear and can identify the right players for that style of football. I would love us to move for Tedasco from schalke great young manager give him a big war chest and see if we can tempt him otherwise we’ll fall further behind the RS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back