Votes: 121 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 94 38.8%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 27 11.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering Eddie Howe seriously is just like the absolute tits that thought Oprah should run for president a few weeks back

Similar situations really; whilst common sense tells you that there must be better options, when you consider the question, 'Would they be better than the person currently doing the job?', you can begin to see why people are considering it.

Similar situations really; whilst common sense tells you that there must be better options, when you consider the question, 'Would they be better than the person currently doing the job?', you can begin to see why people are considering it.

Because they're despondent and can't even think clearly as a consequence.

We went through this whole kneejerk vs. proper appointment cirkus a few years back when we ended up with Koeman. When summer comes around we'll have time to do the same little song and dance. In the meantime, people calling for Howe or even Dyche to step in right now are achieving nothing but revealing that they're very nervous

I like Eddie Howe, he’s a great young manager, with positive minded football, and bags hilt a relatively small team like Bournemouth into a premier league team, who seem capable of being able to stick around for a long time.

However, I’m aware of how he was at at Burnley, and I’m weary.

He seems like a genuine bloke and I think it’d throw him out of his comfort zone. He was first to admit he missed the south coast when he went to Burnley, and he never really managed to take off and was happy to drop a level to return to Bournemouth where his hard working ethic got the best out of his players who wanted to play for him.

Do you really think schneiderlin would be motivated by Howe? If mourinho couldn’t, why would Howe?

We’re a mess and whilst Howe seems like a great choice. I think some things are better left untouched and I think he knows that too, and won’t be prepared to leave Bournemouth again unless the circs were huge!

And? Howe has took Bournmouth from League two to the Premier League. Also Dyche failed at Watford so your argument doesn't make sence.

Dyche was actually a success at Watford, but became the first of many sackings by the Pozzo family.

"Mackay left [Watford] to join Cardiff City in June 2011, and Dyche was promoted to manager. Watford finished the 2011–12 season in 11th place, the club's best finish for four years, but a change in club ownership led to his dismissal at the end of the season."

Howe has taken Bournemouth from League Two to the Premier League, but in two spells. He did get off to a flying start. However, he didn't transform Burnley in the Championship.

"Howe returned to Bournemouth as a youth coach under Jimmy Quinn and took over as caretaker manager when Quinn was sacked on 31 December 2008. Even though his two games in charge as caretaker manager were away defeats, he was hired as the permanent manager of the club on 19 January 2009 and brought the club out of the relegation zone despite a 17-point deficit."

Credit goes to the Burnley board who appointed two promising young managers in a row. They have both seen two sides of football, winning promotion and fighting against relegation.

Whoever comes in after Sam has to be able to attract players that will take us to the next level. Not sure Eddie has the stature to do this...

Because Koeman snared all that top talent that made us the club we are today? The only reason we can vaguely compete in the transfer market is the ludicrous wages we throw at absolute dross. The idea that 'top talent' would come here after displays like yesterday, and the general air of funereal defeatism that permeates the club, is laughable.
We need someone who's in for the long haul. They are few and far between. I'm on the fence about Howe, but he should be considered when we get shot of Pieface.

I like him too, but appointing him would just be another instance of the bloke down the road getting the job.

They need to scour the globe for the next manager and come up with an appointment that is really seen as the absolute best we could have got in the circumstances, no stone unturned.

That doesn't necessarily mean it has to be a recognised name, in fact, I think we are suited as a club to the opposite, but at least go out and conduct the most thorough search process we can.

Would like to know your opinion about Edward John Frank Howe. Should we go for him in the Summer? Are there any better candidates?

He’s proven in the league, he’s young and his side is playing a decent brand of football. There are some defensive woes but being honest, he’s managing the smallest club in the PL and there aren’t many top players who are attracted by Bournemouth.

On a bonus side he described himself as an Evertonian and supported us as a kid.

And he never relegate any club and was never sacked.

Seriously if Tuchel is not available or affordable I am #TeamHowe

Not for me, the job's way too big for him. He'd crumble within twelve months.

No more British dross

Only problem with that is we have had 2 examples of foreign dross already...perhaps we should be looking further - Mars or Venus anyone? lollol

Everton have been the biggest club they have all managed.
Been a step up for all of them and they’ve all failed only way we can get to the next level is to make a statement appointment Simione, Conte etc
I know it won’t happen and it’s either Allardyce or Silva next season stinks of same old same old to me lack of real ambition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back