Votes: 121 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 94 38.8%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 27 11.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd give him a chance but I wouldn't commit to him long term. He's tough to read. Has he overachieved at Bournemouth? Yes probably. Does that mean he can manage a team aiming to be successful in terms of trophies? I really don't know and don't think anyone else can say for sure

All you knee jerking biffs will be calling for his head after 5 games. Just like you would with silva or fonseca too.

For what its worth i think he deserved to be in the discussion when koeman got sacked, but as bournemouth at the time were sitting in 19th, no one wanted to even consider him.

Whoever we do bring in it needs to be on an agreement between everyone and not just whoever is flavour of the month or won a few games on the spin.

His bournemouth side got tonked at home to liverpool the same week us and west brom shown how you should play against them and he just went toe to toe. Dont know if you could call that brave or naive

He would be a great choice if we are looking to go back to the days when we would give a coach time. I fully believe we need to completely restructure the summer, either get a like minded DOF or just get rid. The next managerial appointment needs to be long term, not just a season and your out. Eddie Howe would suit me fine in this instance.

He’s a manager that doesn't have a plan b and seriously lacks game management.
Multiple games this season bournemouth have been winning and keep attacking while forgetting their defensive duties.
Bournemouth were in the relegation zone a few weeks ago, funny how the shouts for him to be manager werent around then.
I wanted him before Koeman.

For the money we pay, we should be aiming higher.

Howe may be an Everton fan but he's hardly grown up kicking a ball around Stanley Park and hanging out by the offy on County Road. He was born in Buckinghamshire and the vast majority of his playing career was at Bournemouth. He played no further north than Swindon. He has managed Bournemouth through 4 divisions and has pretty much spent his entire life in football at that club. His time at Burnley was not a success and very short lived.

He's done very well, but he doesn't get us, he gets Bournemouth.

I can't work out if that's a joke. I'm going to hope it is! :)

How long has he had in the premier league now? If he ever gets Bournemouth finishing 6/7th then fine, he will have earned a shot at someone like Everton. Until then we may as we go and re-hire Martinez and be shocked again when a manager who spends most of his time in the bottom half can't get us any higher...

Think Dyce is the better manager to be honest. I'd like us to try for a Fonseca type in the summer but I fear a lot of managers might give us the swerve if we don't sort out what's going on at this club. The kind of reputation destroying spiral that Koeman endured probably wasn't great viewing for any of his peers who thought they could do this job.

Think Howe is a very good shout @polish. If we're looking at the British market, than he most definitely would be my number one choice.
Howe isn't the perfect ideal choice when you consider our overall aspirations, however when reality bites (our real stature) then he's a fair choice.

Does he have Premier League experience? Yes. Has he done a good job at Bournemouth? Overall, I'd say so. Is he better than Allardyce? Yes.

From all that, I think he has to be considered unless we're able to somehow magically find a better manager who would actually be happy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back