EFL Cup - Second Round Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever we get, we could do with it been the Tuesday night game, seems as we are the Sat 12.30 game away to sheff Utd the following weekend

I say this every year and surely its just a matter of time.... but its time for this pointless competition to be binned. Even championship teams are fielding their reserves now in the earlier rounds.

Its a dated competition that means nothing and one I wouldn't care If Everton won as there is no real prestige in winning a competition that many teams are actively trying to get knocked out in so they don't have the hassle of it. Further to that you see the top teams suddenly take it serious when they get to the semi final stage and they get the weird privilege of playing 2 legs. So if you get Man City, good luck beating them over 2 games, ain't happening.

There are no real good games that people remember from this tournament or good footballing moments. I couldn't even name who the finalists were the last 5 seasons and frankly I couldn't care.

I get it would be good for Everton to win something, but not this, because what would it actually mean? That our second string is quite good against lower league opponents and we got a lucky draw in the later rounds? Because we aren't beating anyone good with our players. Yeah not for me thanks, bin it off now and it might bring a bit of magic back to the FA Cup.

I say this every year and surely its just a matter of time.... but its time for this pointless competition to be binned. Even championship teams are fielding their reserves now in the earlier rounds.

Its a dated competition that means nothing and one I wouldn't care If Everton won as there is no real prestige in winning a competition that many teams are actively trying to get knocked out in so they don't have the hassle of it. Further to that you see the top teams suddenly take it serious when they get to the semi final stage and they get the weird privilege of playing 2 legs. So if you get Man City, good luck beating them over 2 games, ain't happening.

There are no real good games that people remember from this tournament or good footballing moments. I couldn't even name who the finalists were the last 5 seasons and frankly I couldn't care.

I get it would be good for Everton to win something, but not this, because what would it actually mean? That our second string is quite good against lower league opponents and we got a lucky draw in the later rounds? Because we aren't beating anyone good with our players. Yeah not for me thanks, bin it off now and it might bring a bit of magic back to the FA Cup.

bizarre attitude

1691579043125.png

If we won I'd go on the piss for 28 days and end up with alcohol poisoning and or a dose.

Trophy a trophy lad

If we won I'd go on the piss for 28 days and end up with alcohol poisoning and or a dose.

Trophy a trophy lad
Its not though is it. So when we won the florida cup pre season tournament a few years ago were you raving about that?

A trophy is something that signifies winning a particular tournament. No one respects the efl Cup. If anything winning it would give them lot another reason to laugh at us if some of yous were out celebrating winning it. I know I wouldn't be. Its a has been trophy teams use for nurturing young players. Until the final

Status
Not open for further replies.