EFL Cup - Second Round Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well forgive me for wanting us (a big club) to actually have some dignity. But I couldn't care less if we won the EFL cup its a joke.

Had we reappointed Moyes when we should have done about 5-7 years ago we would not be a team battling relegation. But the majority made it known they didn't want him. So instead they got there dream of nearly being relegated and now look at the state of the club. Actually wanting to win the EFL plastic club, its a joke competition. We should be way above that and frankly if we see winning that as a good thing then the club really is in a sorry state. The competition is a farce

Your right, the club is in a sorry state

While I agree we should be looking towards those competitions, the likelihood of us competing for them is slim ti none, fa Cup aside. seeing as the eflcup is a route into the europa for a team not likely to finish in the automatic qualifying, and the fact other teams don't prioritise the cup, it's without question our most viable route towards the competitions stated, also the confidence the squad would gain from the win, the relief the fanbase would largely gain. The extra lure of europa league for incoming players, it a platform not to be sniffed at for a club who have been fighting relegation fur the last couple of seasons. This is a competition we should go all out to win.
This seems a different approach to your "all teams have an equal chance of winning" mantra re the PL.

While I agree we should be looking towards those competitions, the likelihood of us competing for them is slim ti none, fa Cup aside. seeing as the eflcup is a route into the europa for a team not likely to finish in the automatic qualifying, and the fact other teams don't prioritise the cup, it's without question our most viable route towards the competitions stated, also the confidence the squad would gain from the win, the relief the fanbase would largely gain. The extra lure of europa league for incoming players, it a platform not to be sniffed at for a club who have been fighting relegation fur the last couple of seasons. This is a competition we should go all out to win.

Well forgive me for wanting us (a big club) to actually have some dignity. But I couldn't care less if we won the EFL cup its a joke.

Had we reappointed Moyes when we should have done about 5-7 years ago we would not be a team battling relegation. But the majority made it known they didn't want him. So instead they got there dream of nearly being relegated and now look at the state of the club. Actually wanting to win the EFL plastic club, its a joke competition. We should be way above that and frankly if we see winning that as a good thing then the club really is in a sorry state. The competition is a farce
the point about it being a route into Europe despite not finishing top 6 is a valid one though. Attract better players etc - similar to potentially West Ham with the Conference League despite nearly being relegated.

the point about it being a route into Europe despite not finishing top 6 is a valid one though. Attract better players etc - similar to potentially West Ham with the Conference League despite nearly being relegated.
Buddha says there are many paths up the mountain......so if one seems a possibility, like this Cup, then we should look VERY HARD at it.

The mountain, I suppose, is back to being a contender club - for the PL, for Europe - we don't need / can't be a guaranteed winner every season, but we definitely want to be in the running.

Nobody.

Just someone who noticed that you appear to be inconsistent in your statements, pointed it out, and watched you redirect.

So, nobody.

While I'm flattered you've taken time out of your clearly hectic life to try and troll me I think ill clarify.

I said football is a meritocracy as in, all teams who start the season have an equal chance to win, they all play 38 games use a ball and have 11 players. This is a true statement regardless of application. I also said that it was unlikely, but I guess you chose not to read that bit.

Here I've stated that teams with a lower chance of winning the league (due to mitigating factors money, worse players, bad tactics etc just so your not confused) should use a competition like the efl Cup to qualify for Europe.

That's not an inconsistency mate. And it's not the gotcha moment you think it is.

It's nice that you've appointed yourself as forum judge when it comes to these things tho, so kudos to you sir

That's pure conjecture. There's absolutely nothing in Moyes' last 5-7 years that suggests relegation fights would definitely not be a thing.

While I'm flattered you've taken time out of your clearly hectic life to try and troll me I think ill clarify.

I said football is a meritocracy as in, all teams who start the season have an equal chance to win, they all play 38 games use a ball and have 11 players. This is a true statement regardless of application. I also said that it was unlikely, but I guess you chose not to read that bit.

Here I've stated that teams with a lower chance of winning the league (due to mitigating factors money, worse players, bad tactics etc just so your not confused) should use a competition like the efl Cup to qualify for Europe.

That's not an inconsistency mate. And it's not the gotcha moment you think it is.

It's nice that you've appointed yourself as forum judge when it comes to these things tho, so kudos to you sir
Missed that part about it being unlikely, but as you pointed out, I am taking time out of my hectic life to address this - and we are in agreement re taking advantage of the Cup as an oppty for add'l play elsewhere.

And gosh, I wouldn't characterize myself a forum judge, that's far too lofty for my intellect and ambition, I'll leave it to you to supply the vision this forum needs.
1691609017236.png

Know what, I'd love Leeds at home. Would be nice, or Leicester. No particular reason :). They've both knocked us out in last encounters too.

Anyone at home. the cup competitions give me the chance to take me nephews the game. hate when we get an away draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.