2021/22 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know about that - the agenda aside Rondon has looked much better the last few performances.
Simms offers far more than Rondon, I think it’s more accurate to say Rondon has looked slightly less crap in his last 2 games, but, hardly looked ‘much better’ and the only agenda I have is that I am having to watch a player week in week out who is plainly not good enough. Perhaps if Benitez had been less stubborn and tried Simms and Dobbin weeks ago, people may not have been so frustrated by him.

I would like to see him play again.

He grew into his loan at Blackpool and got better and better.He needs a run of games.

Last night he was playing against the European Champions and did ok.

He will improve.

Pleased he got game time and he did okay. People making out he offers more than rondon would be giving rondon pelters if he put in that performance

….I’ve seen him quite a bit and his back to goal play surprised me last night. It was much improved and certainly no worst than Rondon.

He’s a striker who comes alive when the ball is played beyond the CBs or when he’s in the box. Last night was certainly not the game to show him at his best but I was encouraged. He’ll score goals, I have no doubt about that and he needs to be particularly utilised off the bench when we need one.

Was against Thiago Silva (Champions League winning Brazilian captain, multiple FIFA world team 11, 8 ligue q titles, 1 Seria Title centre back) and Rudiger (Champions League, Europa League winning German International, on form best Centre Back in world football)...and got called fat and lazy.

Thought he did really well myself.

….I’ve seen him quite a bit and his back to goal play surprised me last night. It was much improved and certainly no worst than Rondon.

He’s a striker who comes alive when the ball is played beyond the CBs or when he’s in the box. Last night was certainly not the game to show him at his best but I was encouraged. He’ll score goals, I have no doubt about that and he needs to be particularly utilised off the bench when we need one.
This exactly.

A few games to gain confidence and get used to the strength and pace and he will start to show his ability.

I’m not sure he has an outstanding attribute, which you need to be a decent level Prem striker. Maybe it’s his finishing. Dobbin looks to have a higher bar.

Just first impressions anyway.

I suspect he was out there following Benitez's instructions to a tee, one of which I partly suspect was to not commit to any challenges and stay disciplined. Hopefully many more appearances for him to follow if so.
At the game I found myself surprised at how he lost pretty much every aerial dual, but in retrospect up against thiago silva and rudiger, no shame in that on debut.
Would love to see more of him, but I suspect a loan would be of greater benefit for the second half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.