2021/22 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pace isn’t the only part of the game though. I’ve watched several Hearts games and he does the target man thing really well, and he makes intelligent runs. We have bags of pace in Gray, Gordon and Richy but often what we lack is a guy in the right place at the right time.

The way the modern game is going you need more. He doesnt look like he can play the pressing role either. He just doesnt look like he has the mobility or athleticism to make it at the very top for me. Said it before but he looks cumbersome.

As I said though, i'd love to be wrong as we could do with a natural finisher. He deserves another look in the summer and hopefully Frank sees something in him. Im just not convinced

The way the modern game is going you need more. He doesnt look like he can play the pressing role either. He just doesnt look like he has the mobility or athleticism to make it at the very top for me. Said it before but he looks cumbersome.

As I said though, i'd love to be wrong as we could do with a natural finisher. He deserves another look in the summer and hopefully Frank sees something in him. Im just not convinced
Sure, he absolutely does look cumbersome but that’s to be expected because, on the positive side, he’s an absolute unit. Look, I’m not saying he’s a sure thing or the complete striker, but that’s the third time in recent weeks I’ve watched him bang one home that no Everton forward has consistently buried all season. I don’t know his running stats per game or his 60 yard sprint time but after a season of watching what we’ve watched the knack for a goal isn’t to be sniffed at.

Sure, he absolutely does look cumbersome but that’s to be expected because, on the positive side, he’s an absolute unit. Look, I’m not saying he’s a sure thing or the complete striker, but that’s the third time in recent weeks I’ve watched him bang one home that no Everton forward has consistently buried all season. I don’t know his running stats per game or his 60 yard sprint time but after a season of watching what we’ve watched the knack for a goal isn’t to be sniffed at.

Fully agree. Im all for giving him a chance as he is a natural finisher and they are not easy to come by. Hopefully he will get that this summer.

I just dont see him having the physical attributes to be a top PL player, especially the way the game is heading. Maybe as you say his stats will say something different than what my eyes see.

What is his movement like? Not fussed about speed or running with the ball, but does he have a knack for finding space, does he make dangerous runs? Essentially could he be a Yak type forward?

Would the others be burying them regularly in the SPL though, that’s what you’ve got to consider. As others have said, I’m not sure he has the all round game to succeed here, but he’s probably not a million miles away and I feel like he could still be a useful sub.

Pace isn’t the only part of the game though. I’ve watched several Hearts games and he does the target man thing really well, and he makes intelligent runs. We have bags of pace in Gray, Gordon and Richy but often what we lack is a guy in the right place at the right time.
Dom's that guy

I think it would be more sensible to bring him back for preseason then loan him to Hearts again to give him european experience.

Wouldnt be a bad idea i think to send players up to Scotland as long as they would be starters.
Hearts want to buy him I think

Sell him with a buyback clause & a max return fee like Barca did with Gerry on us.

That would be the prime scenario for me with most of our ‘good enough for the SPL’ (9th best league in Europe) young lads

Status
Not open for further replies.