2021/22 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people seriously suggesting that these lads should be used in the first team ?

Most of them will never play a game in Premiership football with Everton or anybody else. It is an unfortunate truth.
Can you imagine young lads of that age trying to replace Doucoure or Allan in an important game ?

He's saying they should be playing for u23s but aren't being selected, despite the fact they aren't very good

Quirk isn't that good but has played, Hunt isn't that good but has played; both are 19 now and don't have a future here so it's right some of the more talented youngsters should get more game time. By Liam Hugh's I guess you mean Rhys Hughes who has played a lot this season so far.

Kouyate has been injured but has just returned and now been involved in the last 2 games.

The only midfielders not used this season so far are Onyango and Iversen - both injured.

People who don't keep up-to-date on the youth side really shouldn't talk about it.
I do keep up to date - there are players not getting enough game time when they should be - it's a simple fact that unsworth picks his favourites. I would sooner see more of the u18s getting prem2 matches, than how he goes about it.

When did we tell quirk and hunt that they were washed up don't have a future here, at 19 years old? I wasnt aware of that?

Do you think unsworth and the rest of our academy coaches are doing a good job coachig & developing our young players?

I do keep up to date - there are players not getting enough game time when they should be - it's a simple fact that unsworth picks his favourites. I would sooner see more of the u18s getting prem2 matches, than how he goes about it.

When did we tell quirk and hunt that they were washed up don't have a future here, at 19 years old? I wasnt aware of that?

Do you think unsworth and the rest of our academy coaches are doing a good job coachig & developing our young players?

This sentence proves you aren't up to date on the youth sides.

We regularly have a younger side than our PL2 opponents with lots of U18's getting minutes.

This sentence proves you aren't up to date on the youth sides.

We regularly have a younger side than our PL2 opponents with lots of U18's getting minutes.
Does he rotate players around the squad and team?

Does he fully utilise his squad?

Yes. All you have to do is read this and then subtract all of those that have been/still are injured: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-everton-u23/leistungsdaten/verein/9261

We've use 22 different players in 9 games so far.
That's too simplistic a view - how many of those 22 start every week without fail? How many get off the bench consistently? I don't think he rotates enough or gives them all the same opportunity, personally.

I'll put it this way, if you were a young footballer (or the parent of one) who had their choice of acadamies to sign for, would you choose unsworth and Everton FC, looking at our recent history of youth player development?

I know my answer, as much as it pains me to say it...

That's too simplistic a view - how many of those 22 start every week without fail? How many get off the bench consistently? I don't think he rotates enough or gives them all the same opportunity, personally.

I'll put it this way, if you were a young footballer (or the parent of one) who had their choice of acadamies to sign for, would you choose unsworth and Everton FC, looking at our recent history of youth player development?

Am I a young player with the talent to play PL football? Because 95% of ours aren't.

The players you want given a chance simply aren't good enough. If you were a good young footballer (or parent of one) would you want to play for an academy who's policy is to simply play kids ahead of you, despite the fact you're miles better than them, just to give them token minutes?

David Unsworth does not have an agenda against the likes of Harry Hagan. They simply are not good enough to play instead of better, younger players.

Why would he want to further rotate? Rotate who?

And how would you like to see him utilise his squad better?

We have one of the youngest under 23 squads in the country.
I don't really care if we have the youngest u23 squad, I don't think unsworth is doing a good job and I want to see players who we've signed on pro terms given some game time, and not just left to sit around doing nothing. Seems like everyone is happy with the job unsworth is doing however, so I could be wrong?

Back on topic, I hope Simms gets some first team minutes this season, if we don't send him out on loan again.

Are people seriously suggesting that these lads should be used in the first team ?

Most of them will never play a game in Premiership football with Everton or anybody else. It is an unfortunate truth.
Can you imagine young lads of that age trying to replace Doucoure or Allan in an important game ?

why not? that is what always used to happen

not saying these players will make it but it makes no sense not to at least give them a go when the opportunity presents itself; even if it only works once or twice that’s still millions / tens of millions saved

Status
Not open for further replies.