2021/22 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Blackpool. The lads I know love him. Took him a couple of games to get in his stride but he was one of the first names on the team sheet for them by the end. Shame he injured himself before the playoffs.

I think he’ll extend and then go on loan. He’s clearly not fully fit yet.
Ste - I live in Carleton , near the Crem.
My mates (and Missus) who is a season ticket holder with her brother, all rave about him too .

Cos unsworths bloody useless, I don't think he's developed any players, nevermind the better ones!
Someone mentioned he interchanges positions. I only really see him playing defenders in midfield.

I do think it’d goes deeper, that group of Connolly, kenny, Robinson? Walsh, Ledson, Dowell, Williams, Dyson I think Davies & Feeney, Beni were a year below. But played at that level. apparently they went a season unbeaten at 13. And obviously won the under 18’s finished 3rd at under 23 at a very young age and then won it the year after.

I detest Unsworth and feel he needs to go, he’s a negative long ball merchant that constantly plays older player. And will take a forward off for a defender at 1-0 up with 30mins to go. That ability to pick older players has been taken out of his hands this season, with a number of the older players gone or loaned. But that still won’t change his mindset.

I think we need better coaches all the way through the age groups, I did think this would have been one of the first thing Brands did. I was hoping for this Dutch type system of brilliant technical coaches, coaching our kids.

Take a look at the U23 results then the squad mate, you can work it out for yourself.

Hagan at cb for one, a few of the midfielders as well - not getting a sniff.

My mates (and Missus) who is a season ticket holder with her brother, all rave about him too .
Small world. I’m over in Hambleton.
I remember my mate nearly in tears over the fact he injured himself before the playoff final.
He got over it quickly enough ?

Small world. I’m over in Hambleton.
I remember my mate nearly in tears over the fact he injured himself before the playoff final.
He got over it quickly enough ?
Hello gents, I’m in Thornton (Stanah area) thought I’d join in the Fylde coast love in!

Hagan isnt very good though, there's no players missing out that should be playing

Do you know something we don't? How can you say a lad isn't very good when he's not got near the team to prove or disprove that, and that no players are missing out that should be playing?

He's just one example - there are others.

If it's unsworths role to coach and develop young players, how can that be happening if he isn't selecting all available players? How can a player develop (and get better if they aren't "very good" as you put it?) when they are not playing any football at all?

Like I said earlier in the thread, I'm not bothered about the u23s beating everyone or winning the league, but we need to give players a chance to develop and grow at this level, and out current coaches and unsworth don't do that.

Mackenzie hunt, seb quirk and Liam Hugh's could be getting more game time imo.

Kouyate in attack could be used more also.

Quirk isn't that good but has played, Hunt isn't that good but has played; both are 19 now and don't have a future here so it's right some of the more talented youngsters should get more game time. By Liam Hugh's I guess you mean Rhys Hughes who has played a lot this season so far.

Kouyate has been injured but has just returned and now been involved in the last 2 games.

The only midfielders not used this season so far are Onyango and Iversen - both injured.

People who don't keep up-to-date on the youth side really shouldn't talk about it.

Last edited:
Quirk isn't that good but has played, Hunt isn't that good but has played; both are 19 now and don't have a future here so it's right some of the more talented youngsters should get more game time. By Liam Hugh's I guess you mean Rhys Hughes who has played a lot this season so far.

Kouyate has been injured but has just returned and now been involved in the last 2 games.

The only midfielders not used this season so far are Onyango and Iversen - both injured.

People who don't keep up-to-date on the youth side really shouldn't talk about it.
Are people seriously suggesting that these lads should be used in the first team ?

Most of them will never play a game in Premiership football with Everton or anybody else. It is an unfortunate truth.
Can you imagine young lads of that age trying to replace Doucoure or Allan in an important game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.