2021/22 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our squads too lean to let kids like Simms out on loan.

He should be in and around the matchday squad, training with the first team and getting mins when possible and he's fit of course.

Regarding unsworth, he's a joke and needs to be punted along with a number of the other hangers on - they are not doing they're jobs properly and have held a number of the kids back or not developed them properly.

The jobs for the old boys nonsense needs binning ans it was the one thing I was hoping Benitez was going to implement - new broom sweeps clean.

I think our squads too lean to let kids like Simms out on loan.

He should be in and around the matchday squad, training with the first team and getting mins when possible and he's fit of course.

Regarding unsworth, he's a joke and needs to be punted along with a number of the other hangers on - they are not doing they're jobs properly and have held a number of the kids back or not developed them properly.

The jobs for the old boys nonsense needs binning ans it was the one thing I was hoping Benitez was going to implement - new broom sweeps clean.
The old boys club will remain until Kenwright leaaves

I wouldn’t sign a new deal if I were him. He’s at the age now where he needs to kickstart his career, he’ll be Nathan Broadhead before he knows it if he’s not careful. Go and work your way up lad, get away from our U23 graveyard while you’re still young.
100% - same with small and why he left.

My mates lad (more than decent player) has not long signed pro with us - him and a load if his intake have all said if they had the choice again they wouldn't have signed pro forms with Everton, and all prob won't renew with us when the time comes.

Absolute mess by the sounds of it and it seems to be unsworths doing - he doesn't develop players, he picks favourites.

100% - same with small and why he left.

My mates lad (more than decent player) has not long signed pro with us - him and a load if his intake have all said if they had the choice again they wouldn't have signed pro forms with Everton, and all prob won't renew with us when the time comes.

Absolute mess by the sounds of it and it seems to be unsworths doing - he doesn't develop players, he picks favourites.

Oh you can’t say that on here mate, the youth experts will be out in force soon to point out the fact that we have DCL and Holgate in the first team after training with Unsworth 3 times.

I wouldn’t sign a new deal if I were him. He’s at the age now where he needs to kickstart his career, he’ll be Nathan Broadhead before he knows it if he’s not careful. Go and work your way up lad, get away from our U23 graveyard while you’re still young.

….it’s easy to say but a couple of contracts for a PL club could make a young man financially secure for life. I suppose much depends what’s on offer elsewhere & if he turns a deal down with us I suspect a club would still have to pay us a fee.

….it’s easy to say but a couple of contracts for a PL club could make a young man financially secure for life. I suppose much depends what’s on offer elsewhere & if he turns a deal down with us I suspect a club would still have to pay us a fee.

If he’s just after bumping up his bank balance for 3 years then it’d be a good move. If he believes in his ability to go out there and make an even better living long term as a footballer, then it would make sense to leave Everton and start playing regular Championship/League 1 football. If he develops as a player he could end up earning Premier League wages for longer than the next 3 years.

If he’s just after bumping up his bank balance for 3 years then it’d be a good move. If he believes in his ability to go out there and make an even better living long term as a footballer, then it would make sense to leave Everton and start playing regular Championship/League 1 football. If he develops as a player he could end up earning Premier League wages for longer than the next 3 years.

…and there is a possibility Everton don’t see a future for him here.

Hard to argue that this has been a thing in the past but Is this really still a thing this year? Not sure there's any players that aren't getting picked at the moment, mostly because the u23 squad just seems to be undersized therefore everyone is playing pretty regular!

EDIT: It is interesting if that is the feeling within the players though, very worrying.

Hard to argue that this has been a thing in the past but Is this really still a thing this year? Not sure there's any players that aren't getting picked at the moment, mostly because the u23 squad just seems to be undersized therefore everyone is playing pretty regular!

EDIT: It is interesting if that is the feeling within the players though, very worrying.
Take a look at the line ups and results for the u23s mate - he doesn't really rotate and picks the same players, even though we have been getting some shoeings.

There's u23 lads not got near the team or subs?

Think it would be a good deal for him to go back out and hooefully get some game time and he has already been ther before so will get game time. I would keep dobbin around the first team and hooefully give him some more game time

The u23s isn't being used properly in my opinion. There should be younger players in there but Branthwaite and Gordon should have played a few more when they were being unused subs and not in the squad at all for the first time. Simms also falls into this category. I would rather extend his contract and keep him around. The u18s who are playing up should be occasionally put back there so they don't get the negative effects of constantly losing. The other thing I dislike is different formations at every level.

Usworth can't win. He picks experienced U23s players and wins games and leagues and it's wrong because it doesn't mean anything and it's all about experience. He picks all younger players and gets beat every week, it's still somehow wrong.

People will just moan about everything and make stuff up to fit their agenda.

Usworth can't win. He picks experienced U23s players and wins games and leagues and it's wrong because it doesn't mean anything and it's all about experience. He picks all younger players and gets beat every week, it's still somehow wrong.

People will just moan about everything and make stuff up to fit their agenda.

Unsworth is in a no win situation in my opinion but some of the things he does don't help his cause. I imagine he was pretty much forced to pick the older players in previous seasons. I also think the coach of u23s should concentrate on that only. He should be given a bunch of players told what formation to use and that should be his sole remit. My biggest gripe with Unsworth is recommending that Kenny and Baningime get long contracts when he was manager off the back of a coupe of decent performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.