Transfer Rumour Emmanuel Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really not a fan of stumping up substantial (for us) fees for players after a half decent PL season. His career in Belgium and Germany is just average. You think people would have learned by now not to spunk early on players like this. They're patchy, unreliable & almost guaranteed to just be someone we can't shift in a years time.

Agreed.

Its bizarre to want him. Makes no sense.

A better dribble compare to richy, but his work rate will be questionable. Best to swerve and go for Keane Lewis-Portter.
There's not a lot in it when you look at the running stats... that doesn't suggest to me his effort will be hugely less. He's also quicker and sprints more.

Screenshot 2022-06-30 at 12.25.33.webp

Screenshot 2022-06-30 at 12.25.25.png

(Richarlison played 2,526 minutes - so 10.18km per 90 average. Dennis played 2,589 minutes - so 9.6km per 90 average.)

There's not a lot in it when you look at the running stats... that doesn't suggest to me his effort will be hugely less. He's also quicker and sprints more.

View attachment 171853
View attachment 171854

(Richarlison played 2,526 minutes - so 10.18km per 90 average. Dennis played 2,589 minutes - so 9.6km per 90 average.)
This does not indicate much. It’s all down to how much he runs and how hard he works for the team without the ball. All his mileage could be due to running with the ball, not surprising as he is only creative outlet for watford.

Really not a fan of stumping up substantial (for us) fees for players after a half decent PL season. His career in Belgium and Germany is just average. You think people would have learned by now not to spunk early on players like this. They're patchy, unreliable & almost guaranteed to just be someone we can't shift in a years time.
Was that not what we did with Richarlison ?

This does not indicate much. It’s all down to how much he runs and how hard he works for the team without the ball. All his mileage could be due to running with the ball, not surprising as he is only creative outlet for watford.
I think you can spin stats like this any way you want. But if you want to compare effort, there aren’t many yardsticks to use beyond that.

Remember years ago people creaming themselves of Papiss Cisse, declaring him a world beater because he had a good run at Newcastle

The deluded fanbase is still strong within Le Ev
We have a sizeable amount of Geordie behaving fans amongst us whose only expertise are being wrong and moving the goalposts repeatedly. Thankfully there’s a few brave and true Evertonians as yourself mate who gives them the thing they fear most: accountability.

I think you can spin stats like this any way you want. But if you want to compare effort, there aren’t many yardsticks to use beyond that.
This is my gripe with stats. They don't tell half the story of the player.
XXX player puts his current team mate through one on one with defense splitting pass 10 times last season, his striker misses 9 scores 1
XXX player has 1 assist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back