Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Euro Semi finals - ENG V NL; SPA v FRA

They won’t get the ball of Spain, no chance.

The Netherlands have a punchers chance as the6 have direct p,Ayers, but England won’t beat them at a possession based game, no chance.
I tend to agree - but then England have had ridiculous luck this tournament and it would be no surprise for Morata to miss the final after being kicked by a photographer. Just saying...

They won’t get the ball of Spain mate, no chance.

The Netherlands have a punchers chance as they have direct players, but England won’t beat them at a possession based game, no chance.
I'm sure Gareth will be working on set-pieces...and penalties.

I tend to agree - but then England have had ridiculous luck this tournament and it would be no surprise for Morata to miss the final after being kicked by a photographer. Just saying...

Your sentiment is right mate.

Objectively England have had a handy draw comparatively to the other side of the draw.

But still say no chance for England, they aren’t beating Spain at their own game and they’ve a bit to prove tomorrow before earning that opportunity.

Tonight was the final IMO.

Just my take.

Your sentiment is right mate.

Objectively England have had a handy draw.

But still say no chance for England, they aren’t beating Spain at their own game.

Just my take.
Corners, big men up from the back, penos.

England don't have to win. They have to avoid losing. And take it to pens. Would you want a 16-year-old taking a penalty in a European Championship final?

But seriously, I agree with you in general. I think England are bang average and have gone so far because of a soft draw and the fact that most of Europe right now is bang average. This has been an appalling European Championship, with only Spain saving it. But they still have to win it. They might blink when they see the trophy, but you'd certainly expect them to win based on what we've seen so far.

Corners, big men up from the back, penos.

England don't have to win. They have to avoid losing. And take it to pens. Would you want a 16-year-old taking a penalty in a European Championship final?

But seriously, I agree with you in general. I think England are bang average and have gone so far because of a soft draw and the fact that most of Europe right now is bang average. This has been an appalling European Championship, with only Spain saving it. But they still have to win it. They might blink when they see the trophy, but you'd certainly expect them to win based on what we've seen so far.

England have the players - but they aren’t a team, they don’t have a coherent system and isolate the different units in their team, they don’t know what to do with the players they have. As for big men on the end of things, Kanes barely touched a ball all tournament they don’t know how to unlock him and he’s getting Mullard in the media at “Home”. When they need width they get more compact, think they finished with four 10s the last day - when wingers were and would have run riot like Saka. No balance in their team and they are trying to shoehorn players in with no coherence or plan.

Been really disappointed with France, something going on there in my opinion, wouldn’t be surprised if they’re famous in fighting going down. Haven’t looked themselves. Was looking forward to seeing some of Englands players together but bar Saka they’ve all flopped.

Think Spain have enough experience and talent, they just control games, possession - no problem, contro, tempo - no problem, attack at pace - no problem, game management no - problem. They'll own the game.

They’ve seen of Germany and France, second and third best teams in the tournament in my opinion. Think it will be a dissapointimg final.

Last edited:
England have the players - but they aren’t a team, they don’t have a coherent system and isolate the different units in their team, they don’t know what to do with the players they have. As for big men on the end of things, Kanes barely touched a ball all tournament they don’t khow to unlock him and he’s getting Mullard in the media at “Home”. They don’t know when they need witdth they get more compact, think they finished with four 10s the last day - when wingers were and would have run riot like Saka. No balance in their team and they are trying to shoehorn L,Ayers in with no coherence or plan.

Been really disappointed with France, something going on there in my opinion, wouldn’t be surprised if they’re famous in fighting going down. Haven’t looked themselves. Was looking forward to seeing some of Englands players together but bar Saka they’ve all flopped.

Think Spain have enough experience and talent, they just control games, possession - no problem, contro, tempo - no problem, attack at pace - no problem, game management no - problem. They’ve seen of Germany and France, second and third best teams in the tournament in my opinion. Think it will be a dissapointed final.
Yes, the Germans will be quietly delighted with what Spain have done tonight. Their displays are certainly looking all the more impressive in the light of tonght.

France have been stodgy since they won the World Cup. They were blown out by Switzerland last time around, were iffy in Qatar and lost a chaotic final, and have been abysmal here. Deschamps has to go now - along with Griezmann, Kante, and their older players. They have too much young talent to be held up by these old men and a playing style that gets plaudits for only as long as it wins titles.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back