Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Euro Semi finals - ENG V NL; SPA v FRA

Yes, the Germans will be quietly delighted with what Spain have done tonight. Their displays are certainly looking all the more impressive in the light of tonght.

France have been stodgy since they won the World Cup. They were blown out by Switzerland last time around, were iffy in Qatar and lost a chaotic final, and have been abysmal here. Deschamps has to go now - along with Griezmann, Kante, and their older players. They have too much young talent to be held up by these old men and a playing style that gets plaudits for only as long as it wins titles.

Germany impressed me they’ll be a force in the next World Cup building nicely, feels like it’s a changing of the guard at France, but you never know with them it can be sublime or collapsible.

Italy were shocking, Croatia look a tournament to far, Portugal took Ronaldo a tournament to far, England really should be 50% better given their talent - they always play with fear of failure for me and that becomes self fulfilling, a waste.

Dutch have been good, got the best out of themselves and a bit of fight about them but aren’t blessed.

It’s Spains tournament deservedly!

Germany impressed me they’ll be a force in the next World Cup building nicely, feels like it’s a changing of the guard at France, but you never know with them it can be sublime or collapsible.

Italy were shocking, Croatia look a tournament to far, Portugal took Ronaldo a tournament to far, England really should be 50% better given their talent - they always play with fear of failure for me and that becomes self fulfilling, a waste.

Dutch have been good, got the best out of themselves and a bit of fight about them but aren’t blessed.

It’s Spains tournament deservedly!
I predicted either Spain or Germany as winners. Not over of course but Spain have had the best ballers of the tournament I feel.

I predicted either Spain or Germany as winners. Not over of course but Spain have had the best ballers of the tournament I feel.

They’ve been a joy mate, a real exhibition, been so impressed by them, technical skills and knowledge, ability to control a game, tempo,, passing long and short, bravery to get on the ball, holding it under pressure, no fear, defensively so clever systemically, the whole team hums with purpose, balance, teamwork and variance.

The main concern for me about Germany is how they replace two proven world class players in Kroos and Gundogan. Have they got midfielders as good as them coming through? I’ve heard a lot about this Stiller fella but he’s got a long way to go to get to their level. Defensively there are question marks too. And at the end of the day in this tournament they’ve only beaten Scotland, Denmark and Hungary. They’ve got two potential stars in Wirtz and their English fella Musiala but I’m a bit concerned they won’t have enough to stop England winning the World Cup in 2 years

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back