Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton 0-0 Newcastle - Saturday 5th October - 17:30

Your Everton MOTM

• Total voters

IMG_0466.webp

Will be in the upper bullens for this match as hopefully I don't have to stand up all match like the lower Gwladys Street last week (Not recommended when you have had back surgery in the last few years). Hopefully this will be the weekend when both Connahs Quay Nomads and Everton win. (Nomads won 3-0 last night vs Aberystwyth 3-0). Comon Everton don't let us down !!!!

Shouldn't be saying this, but feels like a write off

Branthwaite will obviously be a miss but it is only Newcastle we're playing, who are without key players themselves and haven't really got into their stride yet.

If you check their forums and socials, they're not overly happy with their own back four, the midfield three lack creativity, they're missing their best player and are having to play their next best player out of position as a result. They're not in the best shape themselves.

I know we all have PTSD when it comes to Michael Keane, but I'm still confident we can hurt Newcastle today. I'll be going tonight believing we can win. And if 35,000 others do the same, I think we will win.

Edited to say: Look at the respective line-ups from our 3-0 win last season. Both teams missing players, you'd probably say theirs is still superior on paper, and yet we won comfortably in the end.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back