Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton 0-0 Newcastle - Saturday 5th October - 17:30

Your Everton MOTM

• Total voters
Thought the defense did well.
Garner was really good at RB and could be a solution for that position. Switched off a couple of times but over all very good.
Pickford did great, fair play to him. We're lucky to have him.
I thought the midfield were dire tho.
Still look like they've never met before. The amount of times a player had the ball and absolutely no one showing for it was unreal.
Newcastle knew how to harry and upset our midfield and we had no answer to it.
So many times the wingers got isolated with no overlap and no one showing for a pass.
They had the Measure of Ndiaye and McNeill at 10. Dyche left it too late to shuffle them about.
DCL tried hard in what is a thankless task with such a defensive lackluster midfield behind him.
Good point and great to see Gordon getting shown up.

Garner MOTM for me, did well in a position that's he's not that used to.

Some strange, almost selfish, moments in the match though. Tarkowski giving away the penalty for no reason (apart from him being annoyed). NcNeil getting booked (because he was annoyed). Garner taking a 30+-yard shot with maybe a 1 in 200 chance of scoring from the free kick rather than trying to get it wide and then get it in the box.

…I never thought we could keep a clean sheet, but it was a terrific effort to keep them at bay.

You can’t tell me that if Salah had been brought down in that situation then it wouldn’t have been given and Carragher would’ve had a different opinion. This referee is as close to being a Clattenburg as I’ve seen. Saying all of that, I don’t know how Gueye missed the rebound.

Keane and Young played their part but I was chuffed with Garner. He struggled early to live with Barnes but stuck to his task so well that Barnes got hooked. He was composed in possession, a really professional performance and my MoM.

At half time I thought “ If you put the two teams together and picked one 11 then 9 would be from Newcastle and only Pickford for Pope and Ndiaye for Murphy. Thats what we’re up against , a lack of class throughout the team with brief sparks of life from McNeil , DCL if we’re lucky . A poor performance, it’s horrible when you feel half satisfied with a 0-0 draw at home.

Decent point overall, makeshift back four decent for most part.

Going forward though, my lord were absolutely awful. The manager HAS to start trying to be abit braver winning football matches.

The predictable bringing off wide players, putting Doucoure in the 10 & then shifting McNeil outwide is negative as hell.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back