Everton 0-0 Tottenham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a web address for you mate giving live Merseyside web cams, do you want it?

TX, I was pleased when he called DM to see if he could come back, it showed a degree of loyalty that surprised me. That said he was an abject failure at Valencia, his tenure there cannot be described in any other fashion. Last season I levied the same criticism against as I did last night and certainly did after the Chelsea game. Every time people come along with a string of excuses, he's not fit, why he is a pro footballer after all is said and done, plays passes to feet at MPH is no good if those around you don't expect it, a reluctance to shoot (yes this can also be held against Arteta) when he has a spectacular shot on him. To see a midfielder ambling round the centre circle when his goal is under siege doesn't wash in my book. I would like to see the guy succeed but I have huge doubts about him and I have yet to see anything that convinces me otherwise but I'm patient.

Well you're dead on about his time at Valencia. I think he'd probably like to sweep that time under the rug as quick as possible.

I'm guess is that when his full fitness returns, he'll be answer some of the questions you've been asking of him.

I wouldn't argue with the assessment that he basically ran out of gas in the last 1/3 of the match but he'll improve that over time.

For me, it's just a joy to see a player in Blue (other than Arteta) to be able to hold on to the ball with out getting it nicked off of him or getting pushed off the ball and losing possession.

Perhaps he could improve on what he does with the ball AFTER he avoids immediate markers but I'm licking my chops at what a midfield with Arteta, Pienaar, and Manny will be able to do to opposition midfields.

They'll all be running in circles, chasing thin air. (y)

TX, I was pleased when he called DM to see if he could come back, it showed a degree of loyalty that surprised me. That said he was an abject failure at Valencia, his tenure there cannot be described in any other fashion. Last season I levied the same criticism against as I did last night and certainly did after the Chelsea game. Every time people come along with a string of excuses, he's not fit, why he is a pro footballer after all is said and done, plays passes to feet at MPH is no good if those around you don't expect it, a reluctance to shoot (yes this can also be held against Arteta) when he has a spectacular shot on him. To see a midfielder ambling round the centre circle when his goal is under siege doesn't wash in my book. I would like to see the guy succeed but I have huge doubts about him and I have yet to see anything that convinces me otherwise but I'm patient.

Yes his time at Valencia was a total failure. But lets analyze why it was so. He was brought in under one managerial team, but then that team is replaced with one led by Ronald Koeman. Someone who has a history with Manny from their time at Benfica. Now we all know managers don't play players they like, so it is bloody obvious that Koeman left Fernandes to rot. How we blame the player in this case should be unknown. I feel that even if Fernandes was playing exactly like Ronaldo is playing now, Koeman would still bench him to make his point.

Me, I was pissed when Fernandes left. Now I am ecstatic that he is back. And yesterday, he shot more than Arteta did from open play.

Yes his time at Valencia was a total failure. But lets analyze why it was so. He was brought in under one managerial team, but then that team is replaced with one led by Ronald Koeman. Someone who has a history with Manny from their time at Benfica. Now we all know managers don't play players they like, so it is bloody obvious that Koeman left Fernandes to rot. How we blame the player in this case should be unknown. I feel that even if Fernandes was playing exactly like Ronaldo is playing now, Koeman would still bench him to make his point.

Me, I was pissed when Fernandes left. Now I am ecstatic that he is back. And yesterday, he shot more than Arteta did from open play.

1 shot to none.

Gotta admit, he hit it into row L but he absolutely slammed that ball. Had it been anywhere on target, it would have troubled Cerny something awful.

At least he [Poor language removed] tried! You don't know how bad I want Arteta to just hit the friggin' ball!

1 shot to none.

Gotta admit, he hit it into row L but he absolutely slammed that ball. Had it been anywhere on target, it would have troubled Cerny something awful.

I thought I'd said it was also a problem with Arteta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back