Everton 0-1 Arsenal. 21st March at 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This all day. FFS lads some of this rubbish spouted tonight about Moyes is getting out of hand, he'll be responsible for Kony's army next.
He's really messed up lately, but tonight didn't feel like it.

He is and I have liked something on facebook. That'll teach The MoyLeztEr

Wasn't moyes fault last night. Bizarre subs again though.

I thought taking osman off for gueye and moving pienaar into the middle was the right sub, didn't think he had to make the second though. vic for drenthe didn't really serve any purpose.

to put it into perspective the first 15 mins or so was some of the best passing playing by a team, they were awesome, barcelona-esc. and the team did well to only concede one. manager switched tactics and bam arsenal looked ordinary. thats no mean feat you know. we had a perfectly good goal disallowed so we could have at least drawn
against a VERY good in form Arsenal.

They passed well, But their first/second pass was always in our half. the goalie would roll it out to their cb and all the everton players would be in our own half!!. we made it really easy for them in the first 20. as soon as we pushed up the pitch their football turned into long ball. it took everton 20 minutes to figure out what the crowd knew after 5 mins. this is a worry.

After the first 20 i thought we matched arsenal but 3 shots on target isn't good enough.

to put it into perspective the first 15 mins or so was some of the best passing playing by a team, they were awesome, barcelona-esc. and the team did well to only concede one. manager switched tactics and bam arsenal looked ordinary. thats no mean feat you know. we had a perfectly good goal disallowed so we could have at least drawn against a VERY good in form Arsenal.

^^^^^^Respect Sir absolutely spot assessment, from where I sat!!!

we were rubbish, we ran around huffing and puffing but until we learn how to be a cleverer in and around the box instead of relying on (not very good) crosses then things won't change. We set out to play as a team which crosses the ball in the box the problem is we only have baines who can ping a ball in the rest of the players who we rely on to cross are tony hibbert , phil neville and seamus coleman. I think you can work out the problem for yourselves.

we were rubbish, we ran around huffing and puffing but until we learn how to be a cleverer in and around the box instead of relying on (not very good) crosses then things won't change. We set out to play as a team which crosses the ball in the box the problem is we only have baines who can ping a ball in the rest of the players who we rely on to cross are tony hibbert , phil neville and seamus coleman. I think you can work out the problem for yourselves.

Yes but we don't have anybody in the middle to set up play through there, so we have to do with what we have, and if Baines is the best option I'm not going to complain too much, one of the best in the league at what he does.

I'd like to see Moyes put Pienaar in centre/attacking mid, like he does for South Africa, just for some creative spark out there, give us some more options. Other than that we don't have a lot to go with.

Feels like I'm defending Moyes here, what the hell's coming over me FFS.

Yes but we don't have anybody in the middle to set up play through there, so we have to do with what we have, and if Baines is the best option I'm not going to complain too much, one of the best in the league at what he does.

I'd like to see Moyes put Pienaar in centre/attacking mid, like he does for South Africa, just for some creative spark out there, give us some more options. Other than that we don't have a lot to go with.

Feels like I'm defending Moyes here, what the hell's coming over me FFS.

It is aproblem when we are over reliant on Baines, you may have noticed a lot of teams are doubling up on him which is why he has not been as effective recently teams have sussed us out. If Bainsey has a bad game we dont create anything its worrying.

I agree with trying Peanut in the middle though.

Got battered for 20 minutes, could have been 2 or 3 down. Played OK from there on in, denied by an idiot of a linesman.....

1 shot on target all night.
38% possession
4 chances created.

Shocking display.

For all our huffin n puffin n hoofin, endin up with three centre forwards on the pitch, what did their keeper have to do?

F - U - C - K ALL!!

I loathe to say it but our good run is well and truly over. Lady luck has deserted us.

We were beaten by an inform team. Yes, we pushed them and could have had a draw, but without that little lady with us, it not real flash. Roll on game #38.

*makes plans for AFL season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back