Everton 0-1 Arsenal. 21st March at 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may not be good enough but Arsenal do not carry the mediocre players we have. Hibbert has been mediocre for years. In our one-man forward line, the full backs have an important attacking role and Hibbert is not good enough to do it. Never has been.Cahill is not a central midfield player and his and Ossie's best days are behind them. Added to the fact that Fellani was looking a bit jaded, was being played out of position and did not even jump for the goal then a one goal defeat is not too bad.
Another sterling effort though from Distin, Johnny and our best attacker; Baines.

All this 'if it wouldn't have been for linesman we would have had a point' is a load of sh!te, if that goal would have been allowed we could have went on to get beat 6-1 or won 6-1; the decision was made, there was 89 minutes either side of that which we failed to score. The decison was poor, but unfortunatley its the nature of the beast and people need to accept it, referees and linesman see things has they happen and make a split second decision, if its wrong and utterly stupid its pointless dweeling over it, the game goes on.

And has for Moyes; i agree with the statement that the derby game as virually ended our season, we where on a decent run and confidence was growing, he changed the team we got hammered and now confidence is low. All this huff and puff from the last night is pointless, they are professional footballers who now how to pass and move; what they are doing is following managers orders and being stangent, boring with a p!ss poor formation based on keeping his favourties.

If we get beat by Sunderland I hope he grows a pair and looks to the future, calls the season a right off, changes his formation, drops his favs and replaces them with youth

No offence intended here BF, but just 'having a go' is not good enough. This is Everton FC not some ale'ouse team.
what do you want me to so lad ,moyes is a negative kunt and we were ****e ,everyone knows my feelings on the manager ,this is everton you say well i never . FOR CRYING OUT FUKEN LOUD

All I'm saying is Stoke went with an attacking line up away at Spurs and were very unlucky not to win. We should just have a go at teams and see what the **** happens. If we get thumped 5 then maybe we could hold our hands up, but I'd like to see us go at teams from the off. 2 up front would be a great start. Maybe even 2 CB's with Baines and Coleman playing as wing backs. Drenthe and Pienaar on the wings. Fellaini and Rodwell in the middle. Jelly and Straq up front. *faps excitedly

All I'm saying is Stoke went with an attacking line up away at Spurs and were very unlucky not to win. We should just have a go at teams and see what the **** happens. If we get thumped 5 then maybe we could hold our hands up, but I'd like to see us go at teams from the off. 2 up front would be a great start. Maybe even 2 CB's with Baines and Coleman playing as wing backs. Drenthe and Pienaar on the wings. Fellaini and Rodwell in the middle. Jelly and Straq up front. *faps excitedly
Moyes will never play attackingly, even if he fools us with an attacking line up - we will play the same football

Watching evertons 'supposed' attacking players they seem to be playing with a magnet stuck on there back drawing them backwards, even in attack, if that makes sense.
Perfect example being pienaar, half the time he doesnt know whether to actually attack, or hold his position. Whos fault i dunno?

I didn't see the game, I couldn't find a stream and since I live in Blackpool, I couldn't get a decent reception on Radio Merseyside. The impression I got though from the bits I did catch on the radio and from other posts is that they ran us ragged for the first 20 minutes.

Teams seem to be doing this alot. It seems like it takes us 20-25 minutes to settle into a game. Sunderland were the same, they were simply quicker than us for the first 20 monutes and deservedly went ahead. Don't know why it is, lack of fitness? Moyes' approach is to sit back and soak up the pressure? What ever the cause is it needs addressing and fast.

I'm quite nervous that we are going to get embarassed by Swansea!

Any thoughts? Agree or disagree?

I didn't see the game, I couldn't find a stream and since I live in Blackpool, I couldn't get a decent reception on Radio Merseyside. The impression I got though from the bits I did catch on the radio and from other posts is that they ran us ragged for the first 20 minutes.

Teams seem to be doing this alot. It seems like it takes us 20-25 minutes to settle into a game. Sunderland were the same, they were simply quicker than us for the first 20 monutes and deservedly went ahead. Don't know why it is, lack of fitness? Moyes' approach is to sit back and soak up the pressure? What ever the cause is it needs addressing and fast.

I'm quite nervous that we are going to get embarassed by Swansea!

Any thoughts? Agree or disagree?

Dont worry, the blue boys will punch them.

I thought that in the first half we were poor but in the second half we played much better. To be fair to Arsenal though, they were exceptional and in the first half we just couldn't get close to them.

Glad I was out of town and therefore missed this one.

Read the match report and all I could think was, "typical Everton..."

Did Arteta get a good reception?

Glad I was out of town and therefore missed this one.

Read the match report and all I could think was, "typical Everton..."

Did Arteta get a good reception?

A very good one, got a big applause when he took his first corner, which he proceeded to smash into the first man. Lovely stuff !

That's one thing I noticed too - Arteta can't do a corner to save his life. Hit the first man or ballooned well over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back