Everton 0-1 Chelsea 23rd Jan 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if we continue to punt longs ball up to AJ, whilst he is being marked by 6ft4 giants Tim is never going to be involved becuase there is no second ball to pick up. Play it on the bloody deck! Overall left a bit down, but hey ho, lets concentrate on the league and UEFA.

Worst player tonight - Osman
Best player - Lescott, Jags

If I was the manager .... Id' have played with 2 up front from the start!

Chelsea fans are PIGS!

I agree. We seem to revert to more long ball when AJ plays even though its not his style although I did think we played some good football in times but not consistantly.

And yes, Chelsea fans are pigs. I have already had a couple of texts from people who quite obviously did not watch the match (I live down south so am surrounded by them).

I actually thought Ossie played well. Won some very good challenges and played some nice passes. We just couldn't break through their defence when the final ball was needed.

Manny showed glimpses of class but also made some sloppy mistakes. Sure that'll improve in time though, was maybe played a bit too deep as well?

The defence was for the most part pretty solid. Lescott is superb

Really difficult to be positive when I feel so gutted, but we must remind ourselves that we are still work in progress. OK, the progress is slower than we would like - getting to a Wembley Final would have been a huge bonus, but we are moving forward.

DM must earn his stripes as Manager in the next 10 days before the Spurs game, and lift the players and fans - let's put tonight down as a learning experience and push on - Finishing 4th above the RS is now all important!!!!!!

COYBB's !!!!!

in fact i thought we played extremely well but once that goal went in we just didnt have the energy to get the 2 we needed.

i agree there. we seemed to run out of steam with 20 minutes to go. osman looked goosed and manny was finding his game again.

i think we can really push for 4th and the uefa cup though.

oldham aside this is a great season!

i dont think that was a poor match at all.

in fact i thought we played extremely well but once that goal went in we just didnt have the energy to get the 2 we needed.
cahill was not as prominant as i had hoped he would be.
fernandes perhaps tried to be a bit too clever at times.
the cole goal was a beauty and it was just a slight lapse from lescott and jags that gave him that extra yard to get the shot in.

all in all i thought we gave a good showing so im not as down as i thought i would be.
lets just hope we learnt a lot from that game and use it as motivation in the uefa and the league.

the difference and the reason we lost was the chelsea keeper.
he made 3 or 4 world class saves.

I agree we didnt play that bad, there were some bad individual performances, but on the whole the team played well. It was just a great chelsea defence tonight.

am I the only one who didn't think the performance was that bad? we had some good chances and at times played some good football. My neutral friend who i watched it with agreed with me that everton were unlucky with an excellent goal.
The game empahasised the huge financial depth between the clubs. I doubt our starting 11 cost even overed the transfer fees of their bench let alone wages. I thought our boys played well and were unlucky.
My MOM would be lescott- he was great defensively and pushed forwards, but Johnson and Jags also played well and i thought Fernandes had a good first half.
Their MOM was probably Cech which goes to show that we gave them a good game.

We played some good football, but i dont think their goal was great, i thihnk lescott should have been abit further back (which he should have been all night because he kept wandering forward), and valente shouldve been back too. We werent unlucky though, at the end of hte day they played better...

I think if we continue to punt longs ball up to AJ, whilst he is being marked by 6ft4 giants Tim is never going to be involved becuase there is no second ball to pick up. Play it on the bloody deck! Overall left a bit down, but hey ho, lets concentrate on the league and UEFA.

Worst player tonight - Osman
Best player - Lescott, Jags

If I was the manager .... Id' have played with 2 up front from the start!

Chelsea fans are PIGS!

This is the best post all night, completely agree with everything, we shouldve played a 4-4-2 upfront, anichebe or vaughan couldve given that little bit extra height upfront, and extra target man, because cahill wasnt doing the job tonight, as he hasnt in the past 3 or 4 matches, the 4-5-1 with johnson doesnt work anymore, its not like last season, johnson needs a partner...

Moyes shouldve played 4-4-2, or atleast madethe subtitutions abit earlier. Saying that the 4-5-1 may well haev worked, if osman and fernandes were both FULLY fit, carsley didnt get booked at the start (he was alot more cautious) and cahill just kept in the centre instead of veering to the right!!.

I agree. We seem to revert to more long ball when AJ plays even though its not his style although I did think we played some good football in times but not consistantly.

And yes, Chelsea fans are pigs. I have already had a couple of texts from people who quite obviously did not watch the match (I live down south so am surrounded by them).

I'min Wimbledon mate! Chelsea central, cannot get rid of the buggers! Work in progress indeed, but still positive and no matter what "ONCE A BLUE ALWAYS A BLUE!"

thats pretty tough. There are lots more liverpool supporters were i am (surprising as it's west sussex) but the chelsea fans i do know are pretty clueless when it comes to history and all that. you'd think they'd been winning things for 50years.

Told you we won't get a single favour from this referee, he hate Moyes and that's why the F.A. pick him.

I am saying we are on top of the game, we are not getting alot of the 2nd ball, but neither did they play at there best they were just playing like the RS, All defence and All attack.

We never foul there keeper he drop the ball himself, the play should be carry on, that why I am saying we are not going to get any favour from him, a tackle from our player is a foul or even yellow card, same tackle from there player no foul, a slight push or pressure from our player is a foul, but when they does it to our player is fine, talk about bias.

If only we finish them off in the first legs, oh well, let's work on the league and UEFA cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back