Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Ndiaye 63'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beto 76'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Holgate 85'

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters
He has no premiership experience, a point raised by the manager in his press conference. I’m not sure either way on who starts but Keane impressed in preseason.
I hate that phrase more than any other in football!

Michael Keane, Ashley Young and Holgate have an abundance of PL experience, it means absolutely nothing.
If you're good enough for this level then you're good enough

I hate that phrase more than any other in football!

Michael Keane, Ashley Young and Holgate have an abundance of PL experience, it means absolutely nothing.
If you're good enough for this level then you're good enough

Replace 'Hilary' with 'Keane' or 'Holgate'.

BTW Keane is deffo starting tomorrow, the 'noise' from the manager and the fact he has started most Pre season games tells me he will be playing.

I watched Brighton's last friendly game against Villarreal and they was class, the whole front line were good, but the scoreline didn't show the full picture as Villarreal had quite a lot of opportunities.

If we do have to start with Young and Keane, then I feel this is going to be one hard game to watch.

For all the “we’ve had a really good transfer window”shouts (personally think it’s been ok) a few weeks back, I think the announcement of the starting XI tomorrow is going to be a moment of realisation for them.

….its a long old season, it’s not all on the selection for the first game. The new players will have plenty of opportunity to force their way into the team, I wouldn’t be surprised if 2 of them start tomorrow.

Last edited:
with Ashley young likely to start that alone fills me with nothing bud dread

he would literally be about my 6th choice

Patterson, Coleman, Dixon, Holgate, Garner are all people id 10000% start at RB over him.

I watched Brighton's last friendly game against Villarreal and they was class, the whole front line were good, but the scoreline didn't show the full picture as Villarreal had quite a lot of opportunities.

If we do have to start with Young and Keane, then I feel this is going to be one hard game to watch.

That doesnt appease me. As we cant finish either.

Bookies seem to rate our chances - what do they know?

Everton vs Brighton​

It's all change at Brighton with a new manager at the helm, but I suspect we will see a similar style to Roberto De Zerbi - aggressive, high-pressing attack minded football, as Tom Carnduff's Notebook column details.

Everton have fared well against that approach in recent meetings and I suspect they will relish this test in a game that will allow them to sit back and counter.

Score prediction: Everton 2-1 Brighton (Sky Bet odds: 8/1)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back