Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beto 76'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Holgate 85'

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters
You said he was injured.
He's not.
I know I redid my post - he's not match fit .....

Michael Keane was another absentee against Roma. However, the centre-half is set to return to training next week. Dyche said: “Keano will be more likely. He just nicked his medial ligament but nothing too serious. It was too much of a risk today but we’re hoping he can train from Monday onwards or certainly Tuesday onwards so that’s a positive. We’re looking to get all these guys fit as quickly as we can.

Perhaps a team like this;

1723811414309.webp

No pace at all.

We'll need to go deep and hope for set piece.

Same as last season, then.

Perhaps a team like this;

View attachment 269143

No pace at all.

We'll need to go deep and hope for set piece.

Same as last season, then.
Yup. Be shocked if anything else. Hopefully when the noobs come on later in the game it gives a lift again, and gradually we become more adventurous as the weeks pass.

Only small sided games in the training vid just posted, but Dwight spend everyone one on the right hand side, cutting in and shooting. 🧐

I’m in the last 8 of last man standing from the end of last season in our pub comp.

You can’t pick any team you’ve already picked, leaving most of us really clutching at straws this weekend.

I’d convinced myself I was going to do Everton on the basis that wily old Dyche would outwit the new young manager from Brighton who’s never even managed a pl game.

Then I saw that line up above 👆 with Keane and Young in it and I just can’t bring myself to it.

We haven't beaten these for 4 years at home and it's time we notched up a win.

Let them have the ball and possession. I think we can do them on the counter even with the likely team we'll put out.

We'll have options off the bench up front and central midfield and we should at least edge these out...if we dont allow them any quick starts to get in the lead.

We haven't beaten these for 4 years at home and it's time we notched up a win.

Let them have the ball and possession. I think we can do them on the counter even with the likely team we'll put out.

We'll have options off the bench up front and central midfield and we should at least edge these out...if we dont allow them any quick starts to get in the lead.
Yeah, this is set-up for a soak up the pressure, sit deep, and hit them on the counter performance. For all of my horror at the thought of Young and Keane in the side, Keane is actually a good penalty box defender. His weakness is exposed when he has to play higher up, but he's perfectly effective defending his own six-yard box which is what we will have to do tomorrow. And it's not as if Brighton are not susceptible to these tactics...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back