Everton 1-0 Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i thought reading were unlucky not to get a point.

everton were messy to say the least.

the thing is , that was arguably our best 11 players.maybe yak for aj or pienaar for osman , thats down to debate.but those 11 were our best imo.
defenders......
..........howard
neville yobo jags lescott

to me this is our strongest defence.at the moment i think if baines or valente was to play , then yobo would be the one to be dropped as lescott and jags havent put a foot wrong in weeks.

midfeild..

......carsley ........manny
arteta........cahill...........osman

this to me is our problem area regardless of it looking good on paper .manny and carsley are literally being used as a 6 man defence
arteta does a lot with little to no end product.sorry to say that but its fact.his corners dont hit a blue shirt enough and his freekicks 9 times out of ten dont even hit the target.
love him admire him defend him as much as you want.yes he does our best work but THERE IS MOSTLY NO END PRODUCT.
osman on the other wing also has the creativity but lacks a killer pass or finish most of the time.

now here is the major issue with our formation yesterday.
aj , he runs constantly and his work rate is spot on. his shots are mainly on target but lack venom..the trouble is with playing aj is that he is forever being given through/long balls into the corners.which he gets to , but when he looks up there is no one in the box to pass to.
the major culprit here is cahill.
as a 5th man in the midfeild it is his responsability more than any other player to support the front man..so we have a midfielder who lacks a cross , lacks a pass , lacks a tackle , and whos main asset is to get forward to support the striker and get goals .quite frankly the past few games , he hasnt. which in my book makes him surplass to requirements at the moment.

im sorry but the last few games cahill is a luxury we cant afford to carry in his current form.

at his best you 'have' to pick him , but currently i think playing him instead of 2 strikers isnt worth a piss.

regardless of our league position and based on yesterdays performance , moyes needs to reasess his 451 tactics and also needs to get the players to raise there game.and surprisingly arteta and cahill to me are the 2 main culprits.becouse at the minute our defenders are carrying the rest of the team.

if it was me i would change to 442.and beleive it or not i would drop cahill to the bench.if we are losing or need a goal i would bring him on for carsley.

..........howard
nevile yobo jags lescott
arteta carsley manny osman
...........aj.... yak

ps the goodison crowd was junk yesterday imo.

Was you there nightbreed????

the sooner we can get back to the same midfield of piennar, on the left, arteta on the right, osman, cahill and carsley in the middle, with the yak up front, the better. this was the formation that played some great football before christmas

the sooner we can get back to the same midfield of piennar, on the left, arteta on the right, osman, cahill and carsley in the middle, with the yak up front, the better. this was the formation that played some great football before christmas

Yes, when that formation split up so are football wentt down the pan, here's hoping they get back together asap

I scared to take Yak away he might escape again:lol:

Trouble is we all were well aware of what he was like before he came, his actions have been totally selfish. He has had a kick up the arse, what if it happens again, it did at Boro

Having dished out [Poor language removed] to my Boro mate he has been laughing his socks off at this with the old 'I told you so'

...except that your Boro mate conveniently left out where we are in the table and where they are in the table.

Yak's had a lot to do with that.

Bet he's not laughing now.

...except that your Boro mate conveniently left out where we are in the table and where they are in the table.

Yak's had a lot to do with that.

Bet he's not laughing now.

He was when he didn't turn up he as much told me that would happen and I laughed at him.........................he who laughs last and all that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back