Everton 1-0 Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that overweight, fat, lazy, unreliable piece of [Poor language removed] showed up then maybe the 4-5-1 could have been more effective, but he was too busy visiting Nigerian prostitutes to be bothered.

YAKUBU OUT

Vaughan is ace, Hibbert for Neville please and 4-4-2

Moyes got it right putting Vaughan on at half time. I wont jump on Fernandes just yet, It was either him, Carsley or Cahill to come off for Vaughan, as all 3 were pretty ineffective in the first 45, Carsley and Cahill are proven performers for us so I guess that worked in their favour.

There is a thought nagging away at me that the team should consist of either Carsley or Fernandes, not both.

Moyes got it right putting Vaughan on at half time. I wont jump on Fernandes just yet, It was either him, Carsley or Cahill to come off for Vaughan, as all 3 were pretty ineffective in the first 45, Carsley and Cahill are proven performers for us so I guess that worked in their favour.

There is a thought nagging away at me that the team should consist of either Carsley or Fernandes, not both.
I agree, I was hoping Moyes would take off Carsley and see how Fernandes does without him.

I think Moyes stays with the 4-5-1 most of the time because it's the more defensive option - after all, a 0-0 is still a point, and also h is left with a way out of a stalemate, just like happened today. What if he started with a 4-4-2 and it was the same as it was today at half time? You can't change the formation around as much.

We don't seem to have that enthusiasm with every touch at the moment -like it's hard work now when earlier in the season they seemed to just slice defences open with ease. I guess managers do watch lots of game videos :)

Win, Win, Win

Felt pretty uncomfortable all through the game but happy with the points. As Neville said around the turn of the year, when we reach the second half of the season everyone's got something to play for in earnest and flowing footie is far less frequent. They were certainly up for it today and make it difficult for any team to flow. That, coupled with absentees, lack of form in Osman's and Cahill's case and lack of match fitness in Manny's case mean I'm optimistic.

Even I am running out of excuses, we are not playing to our potential at the moment and I am concerned. I don't want to see our season come apart which it will unless we improve and quickly. Who here wants to see us going being heckled again with 'C/L yer havin a larf' again because that is what will happen if we play as we did today. Don't let a fortunate three points cloud the issue, none of our forward players could score against one of the poorest defences in the league, they have far bigger matches to play and are showing no confidence whatsoever............................I am worried.

Dylan, you were right he was on side, just, but Carsley handled the ball and for once we got away with it(y)

Firstly i think playing AJ makes us play bad, as we just kick and hope he gets their first.

But generally I think it is the opposition not so much ourselves, thaty are to blame for teh current style of play. We used to be the underdog, and we would defend and try and snatch vistory, now teams come here hoping to do the same, even the likes of Tottenham.

well i thought reading were unlucky not to get a point.

everton were messy to say the least.

the thing is , that was arguably our best 11 players.maybe yak for aj or pienaar for osman , thats down to debate.but those 11 were our best imo.
defenders......
..........howard
neville yobo jags lescott

to me this is our strongest defence.at the moment i think if baines or valente was to play , then yobo would be the one to be dropped as lescott and jags havent put a foot wrong in weeks.

midfeild..

......carsley ........manny
arteta........cahill...........osman

this to me is our problem area regardless of it looking good on paper .manny and carsley are literally being used as a 6 man defence
arteta does a lot with little to no end product.sorry to say that but its fact.his corners dont hit a blue shirt enough and his freekicks 9 times out of ten dont even hit the target.
love him admire him defend him as much as you want.yes he does our best work but THERE IS MOSTLY NO END PRODUCT.
osman on the other wing also has the creativity but lacks a killer pass or finish most of the time.

now here is the major issue with our formation yesterday.
aj , he runs constantly and his work rate is spot on. his shots are mainly on target but lack venom..the trouble is with playing aj is that he is forever being given through/long balls into the corners.which he gets to , but when he looks up there is no one in the box to pass to.
the major culprit here is cahill.
as a 5th man in the midfeild it is his responsability more than any other player to support the front man..so we have a midfielder who lacks a cross , lacks a pass , lacks a tackle , and whos main asset is to get forward to support the striker and get goals .quite frankly the past few games , he hasnt. which in my book makes him surplass to requirements at the moment.

im sorry but the last few games cahill is a luxury we cant afford to carry in his current form.

at his best you 'have' to pick him , but currently i think playing him instead of 2 strikers isnt worth a piss.

regardless of our league position and based on yesterdays performance , moyes needs to reasess his 451 tactics and also needs to get the players to raise there game.and surprisingly arteta and cahill to me are the 2 main culprits.becouse at the minute our defenders are carrying the rest of the team.

if it was me i would change to 442.and beleive it or not i would drop cahill to the bench.if we are losing or need a goal i would bring him on for carsley.

..........howard
nevile yobo jags lescott
arteta carsley manny osman
...........aj.... yak

ps the goodison crowd was junk yesterday imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back