Everton 2-0 Blackpool. Sat 18th Feb at 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 unbeaten now. Beginning to string a very good run together.

Analysts labeling it our 2nd half renaissance like usual. March will be interesting:
3/3 - QPR
3/10 - Spurs
3/17 - FA Cup (we have an Arsenal game scheduled that now needs to be moved)
3/24 - Swansea
3/31 - West Brom

Two games to reschedule: red sh*te and Arsenal now. But that's a conquerable March, minus the Spurs game where we need to come up big.

I thought some of the finishing or attempted finishing in the second half was slipshod and lazy but overall a good display. No passengers and needless to say the point of a home cup tie is to win it and that we did.

Thought Straq should of been taken off earlier considering he already had his goal and Vellios hasn't had much of a run lately. I would of also given Barkley some time behind the Greek (replacing Neville) while dropping Fellaini back into midfield, at least for the final 20. The first half was especially impressive and with Ozzie, Jagz and Jelly returning to fitness, Moyes is going to have a nice little dilemma on his hands.

Great to witness a confident performance from the blues yesterday. It made sitting in the cold and lofty heights of the main stand worthwhile, rounded off with a sing-song and a beer or three in the Winslow after the game.

Thought everybody was great yesterday, apart from Neville at some stages in the game, still showing that he's poor in his passing game. Drenthe put in an outstanding performance for me, and Fellaini was flawless and did everything right, apart from getting in the way a few times in Blackpool's box! Distin and Heitinga rocks again. Also, Gueye's crossing ability looks to be quite promising for his future as a winger, but he just needs more game time.

I was hoping that the relentless Stracq would have got taken off in about the 70th minute to give Vellios a decent run out, but I'm glad he got on eventually. He's shaping up to be a great target man.

Looking forward to our 9th consecutive home game in the FA Cup against Sunderland. I can sense another long weekend in London for our trip to Wembley.

It's boss being a blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back