Everton 2-0 Blackpool. Sat 18th Feb at 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocking and ridiculous penalty call. Drethe's performance and Coleman back makes me feel a lot better about the wings moving on.

US problem: How much longer do we have to put up with Eric Wynalda for Fox Soccer post-match analysis? Who does one get in Liverpool for halftime and post-match on TV?

I think we played quite well today. Fellaini was an absolute beast out there. Completely dominated the midfield and was unlucky to not have a hat trick at least. Could of possibly had four.

Gueye was very impressive, as was Drenthe. Gibbo also had one of his best games for us in my opinion. Even Neville had a pretty good game. Also, aside from the last bit with the penalty, our defense looked pretty solid.

Could have been 8 or 9-0 tonight, but in the end I'm really happy we're off to the quarter finals. Hopefully we get a good draw!

Shocking and ridiculous penalty call. Drethe's performance and Coleman back makes me feel a lot better about the wings moving on.

US problem: How much longer do we have to put up with Eric Wynalda for Fox Soccer post-match analysis? Who does one get in Liverpool for halftime and post-match on TV?
we get barely any games on TV - wouldnt care who was the pundit TBH

It wasn't. Did you not watch the replay?

Great start, nervous in the middle of the game that we had grown complacent, but then a flurry of 'almosts.' Still, we did a great job protecting the lead and keeping Blackpool on its toes. This American Blues fan was sorry not to see Donovan, but loved watching Howard's diving save at the close of the game. Good stuff, hope we don't lose our mojo between now and QPR.

Wynalda has good insights I think, but he's such a giant arrogant a-hole I can't stand him.

Good performance. We're getting closer and closer to reaching our full potential. Played some very good stuff today. Just imagine if we'd had Pienaar on the left instead of Gueye, it could have been 4 or 5 by half time. If we keep everyone fit we could go on a real run.

Felli MoM for me. Awesome first half for him, Drenthe was great too but both went off the boil second half which I won't complain about as Blackpool never gave up and hit their stride a bit. Another routine victory and hopefully a trip back to Wembley beckons. Well done Everton.

Glad you mentioned Wynalda.

I follow him (for now) on Twitter and he's just awful.

He was a god awful player so what right does he have to tell me about football?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back