Everton 2-0 Blackpool. Sat 18th Feb at 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decent. Some nice play in the first half. Fell apart in the second half, but still got the result. Fellaini could have had about 8.

MOTM=Drenthe. Good, reasonably consistent display. He deserves to start the next game.

I'd give Drenthe MOM too.

He was causing them all sorts of problems, creating chances, winning freekicks, etc.

He even worked hard tracking back, great performance.

I just hope he signs for us on a permanent deal although I can't see us getting him.

I think 5-1 would have been a good reflection of the game if both teams had been clinical.

Drenthe's a game changer and a massive threat.

It was only Blackpool...but still, a fair few players never turn up against lower league teams for us. He scored 1, set up 1, and put a load of chances on a plate for everyone else. You win tricky games with that.

A good pre season behind him, he knows his role and the players around him. Would be a beast.

Sadly, it wont happen

favourable draw tomorrow and then we can start believing. thought that was gonna be a cricket score after that opening, only everton can make a 2-0 lead some uncomfortable. Drenthe had a good game, stepped up in Donovan's absence, maggie did well to. but motm was fellaini, playing nice touches and passes all day. shame he couldn't put one of the 4 chances he had away in the 2nd half.

proper buzzin'

We dominated, but blackpool had a lot of good chances on goal. Very dangerous ones too, sdo Howard has done a terrific job.

We have actually lost games where the opposition has had a lot less chances than this, so fair play to our defence. Heitinga and Distin were solid, Bainesy too of course, Hibbo as well. Neville was especially good today too.

No idea how we didn't score 6 or 7. Never mind only 2. And we might have had a horrid last few minutes if not for a super Howard save and a skied pen (which to be fair was never, ever a pen).

Gueye impressed first half, Drenthe was MOTM, Fellaini did well up front in that he won the ball in the air and flicked it on effectively, but he lacks any kind of clinical finishing. Hopefully he'll be back in the centre next game.

Baines was decent, the defence was okay, Neville wasn't great (lots of fouls) and Gibson wasn't too much better (quiet but fairly effective). Stracq did well to react quickly for the second and his link-up play was good.

Subs-wise, Coleman didn't do too much in his time on the pitch and Barkley/Vellios only got a handful of minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back