Everton 2-0 Blackpool. Sat 18th Feb at 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good win, would like Leicester at home in the quarter finals hopefully Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea all get knocked out. I really want Everton to win the FA Cup this year, please god!

Almost too easy that, apart from Philips' free kick (given away unnecessarily by Fellaini) and LuaLua's late strike (where Howard showed his class). That penalty decision was a joke, dreadful decision imo but will watch again very closely on MOTD. It could have been about 10-0, and with lots of players out too. Great play once again by the Straq too, but my MOTM has got to be Royston Drenthe for his fearlessness, industry and tremendous skill in both open play and dead-ball situations.

Can't chat any longer, am packing now for a weekend in Derby. A 16 hour music listening session tomorrow with a mate (and LOTS of beer!) featuring Van Der Graaf Generator, Peter Hammill, Soft Machine, Yes, Dream Theater, Vanilla Fudge, Gentle Giant, Dave Matthews Band, Joni Mitchell, Sandy Denny, Kate Bush, Roy Harper, Gong, Kevin Ayers, Sensational Alex Harvey Band etc. etc., then some walking in the Peaks the following day and even more music on the Tuesday! Have a great weekend everybody. :)

A 2-0 annihilation that was, if there can be such thing. We should have had 5 at least. Good performances by every one of our players - they were all sniffing Wembley and were up for it. Drenthe made Blackpool look silly at times. Heitinga and Fellaini as assured as you could expect. Brilliant save by TH near the end. Hopefully another home draw in the quarters but the odds must be against it happening again. We won't fear anyone though in the next round. And come on Brighton FFS.

I smiled the entire way through that match, proper entertainment all day, that pen desision was confusing though was it for the first or seccond incident? Either way i'm glad he missed.

Can't chat any longer, am packing now for a weekend in Derby. A 16 hour music listening session tomorrow with a mate (and LOTS of beer!) featuring Van Der Graaf Generator, Peter Hammill, Soft Machine, Yes, Dream Theater, Vanilla Fudge, Gentle Giant, Dave Matthews Band, Joni Mitchell, Sandy Denny, Kate Bush, Roy Harper, Gong, Kevin Ayers, Sensational Alex Harvey Band etc. etc., then some walking in the Peaks the following day and even more music on the Tuesday! Have a great weekend everybody. :)

I approve!!!

Agreed. You could see the ref pointing to where the first incident occurred which looked like a foul by JH.

It amazes me when pundits don't see things like that when they see the replay. The foul that led to the penalty was obviously why the ref blew. He may have waited for advantage but nevertheless, even if it was a debatable penalty, it was for that, not the one after.

I approve!!!

:) So your musical taste is as good as your footballing taste! Signing off now, will catch up with this thread in the middle of next week if i have time, otherwise will be back for the QPR game in a fortnight's time - one we should be winning on current form. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back