Everton 2-0 Sunderland. January 27 8pm ko

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
It wouldn't be Everton without Everton, if that makes any sense.

Just as we were building a head of steam a resolute Birmingham do a job on us at Goodison too soon after the last one. This was meant to be a week where you were expecting two home wins, a buoyant home support and some of that feel good factor which has a been a tad missing.

So, back to earth a little, we come up against a Sunderland team also dumped out of the FA Cup against a club who appear to more in debt than mate's brother who thought that shaving his head and trying to add a slight Polish twang to his accent would deter the burly bailiffs from taking his prized plasma TV. I'm not sure Pro Evo looks too good on his ma's cast off Ferguson TV these days.

Sunderland made some decent signings and made a very bright start to the season, with a quite lovely new stadium, financial backing we envy, an optimistic new manager and a decent set of fans things were looking up - just as we were being sucked into the pits of despair. Since their season reached a crescendo with that beach ball moment, and as lovely as it was, they have now gone on a really shitty run imitating underwhelming Prem clubs like, well Sunderland of the past really. You're sort of waiting for it crank into gear with the quality they've got but it's not always that way, the most lesbian looking manager in the league has got a job on his hands it would seem.

When we played them last month it took a late Fellaini goal to rescue a point, despite Everton volleying them all over the field pretty much after a slow start. Sunderland looked poor but while a lot of us were thinking "someone is going to take a proper humping soon" our optimism has been tempered a little, and no bad thing, due to Saturday's game.

Despite us looking all rather boss lately, there are a couple of players who aren't playing too well - namely Saha, Distin, Bily & Cahill but with players coming back to fitness we finally have some options.

It was great to see Arteta spraying the play a little wasn't it?

If we dont batter these....Im throwing my perked interest of this season out of the window again.

Whether or not we give them thrashing it's not important to me, but of course it would be great if we could do it.

I am more interested in getting the 3 points off them, if we won it 2-0 or even 1-0 it would be more than enough.

It's great there is a game so soon after the cup match to focus on. Hopefully it will all start on Wednesday.

Early prediction is a 4-0 roasting of the Blackcats.

what would one guess the lineup would be and what 3 subs would one go for in this match?:unsure:

No TV for the states..again. I'll be missing this game unless i call in sick and watch it illegally online...again. When will the EPL pulll their heads out and let us pay to watch a HQ live stream. ugh!

Wonder now how Moyes plans to construct his midfield with Arteta back? This will keep me interested as we do the run in.

That would be still sometime before we have to worried about that, it would be another 2 weeks or at the RS game before Arteta is ready to play 60~70 mins of the game.

As much as I wanted to see Arteta playing for us again, I would have brought Coleman on instead, when we were chasing the game, an unfit Arteta was not what we needed at that time.

Last edited:
That would be still sometime before we have to worried about that, it would be another 2 weeks or at the RS game before Arteta is ready to play 60~70 mins of the game.

As much as I wanted to see Arteta playing for us again, I would have brought Coleman on instead, when we were chasing the game, an unfit Arteta was not what we needed at that time.

Surprised me too. Wonder what Coleman has to do to get a game. He has shown flashes of brilliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back