Everton 2-0 Sunderland. January 27 8pm ko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heitinga....Senderos......Distin......Baines.

*coughs*

I know that, but would Moyes play Heitinga on the right, when he is by far the best CB for us since the start of the season.

Honestly I don't want to see Distin start the Sunderland game, I would rather have Heitinga-Senderos combination.

Coleman has done great for us over the last 6~7 weeks, whenever he had a chance to come on, I am finding it hard to accept why he still hasn't gotten his start in a league match, he has done enough to at least merit a start in a league match.

I know that, but would Moyes play Heitinga on the right, when he is by far the best CB for us since the start of the season.

Honestly I don't want to see Distin start the Sunderland game, I would rather have Heitinga-Senderos combination.

Coleman has done great for us over the last 6~7 weeks, whenever he had a chance to come on, I am finding it hard to accept why he still hasn't gotten his start in a league match, he has done enough to at least merit a start in a league match.

You never know with Moyes.

But to be fair although yeah Coleman has done ok when he has been used its still a world away from ebing able to play and defend for a whole game.

He's being eased in and only used if absolutely neccesary.

His time will come.

You never know with Moyes.

But to be fair although yeah Coleman has done ok when he has been used its still a world away from ebing able to play and defend for a whole game.

He's being eased in and only used if absolutely neccesary.

His time will come.

One thing you would never know, until you actually start him in a game from the beginning!

I certainly hope his time would come, lucky we don't have time to be disappoint with the result, we did have to play Sunderland in four days time, I am looking forward to that we tends to do well against them.

One thing you would never know, until you actually start him in a game from the beginning!

I certainly hope his time would come, lucky we don't have time to be disappoint with the result, we did have to play Sunderland in four days time, I am looking forward to that we tends to do well against them.

Yeah i know. Maybe he keeps making defensive errors in practise matches so Moyes is trying to iron them out before using him.

Or he just can't bring himself to play a team with no Hibbert and Neville :D

Looking forward to this game-one of the few matches I can actually get to! My tickets arrived this week, has anyone else notcied how quick everton are at delivering tickets:huh:

ordered them wed night-arrived thu morning!

No TV for the states..again. I'll be missing this game unless i call in sick and watch it illegally online...again. When will the EPL pulll their heads out and let us pay to watch a HQ live stream. ugh!

It is delayed but it is on Setanta which is fine for me.(y)

We HAVE to win.

I, along with so many others were ridiculously underwhelmed after visiting Goodison yesterday and it was made even worse by the fact that before the match me and my friends were thinking "What a great squad we have now", "Were playing so well" etc.

I really feel that Coleman needs his chance somewhere, the match yesterday was just begging for him to be brought on, but it didn't happen. Now i'm not saying he should start a game just yet, in fact i think our defence should be Neville - Heitinga - Distin/Senderos - Baines, but i feel he really deserves to be given a good 30/20 minutes to try and make an impact on our right hand side.

They say form books go out the window in these domestic cup games, so let's hope that was the case yesterday, and after a good kick up the a*se they get back onto form and give us a good performance, and result.

Oh and there better be a decent referee this time! I actually swear that yesterdays match could have been fixed, it was THAT one sided in terms of decisions....

Howard
Neville Heitinga Distin Baines
Fellaini
Donavan Pienaar Bily
Vaughan Saha

I'll have that myself. Although I'm sure Bily will be on the bench for Ossie and Cahill will play.

Having warned about the strength of Brum's defence I can only say that we will tear this lot apart, there will be goals, plenty of goals and all landing in their net. I would not be surprised if we hit seven again, some one is bound to suffer after yesterday so step up our Goodison fall guys and get your arses hammered(y)

Howard

Neville
Heitinga
Distin
Baines

Donovan
Fellaini
Osman
Pienaar

Bilyaletdinov

Saha

Either that or Vaughan in for Bilyaletdinov and 4-4-2. Osman should play in the middle of the park, his form has been good over the past few games and we need to get Pienaar and Baines close together. Arteta will hopefully get 20-30 minutes towards the end. Hopefully Moyes instructs Donovan to play as a right midfielder.

2-0 Everton.

Having warned about the strength of Brum's defence I can only say that we will tear this lot apart, there will be goals, plenty of goals and all landing in their net. I would not be surprised if we hit seven again, some one is bound to suffer after yesterday so step up our Goodison fall guys and get your arses hammered(y)

Oooooooooooooo is this thread gonna be full of people saying we are gonna give them a hiding.

Just like the Birmingham thread :(

All depends what team turn up really. If its the team from yesterday Bent and Jones will have a field day. If its the team from last Sat we should win.

Won't be easy but we should be too strong for them if we turn up.

We will win if we can score more goals than we concede.

Definatly no spanking going on though.

Howard
Neville Heitinga Distin Baines
Fellaini
Donavan Pienaar Bily
Vaughan Saha

I'll have that myself. Although I'm sure Bily will be on the bench for Ossie and Cahill will play.

Agreed 100 %. Cahill playing is a weak point when there are more goal scoring players atm than him. I'd play osman for Cahill in that 5 man midfield not because of the headers but the good close control and long range goal threat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back