Everton 2-1 Chelsea. Wednesday 10th February @ 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would play coleman at right back, he is our only attacking threat from that position.

If i was the chelsea manager and i saw neville or hibbert on the team sheet, i would tell ashley cole to push up and get past his winger as much as possible as the everton right from a counter attacking prospective will be nothing.

If we play coleman his pace will worry cole and he won't be as eager to surge forward and loose his position.

to me it is common sense to keep the opposition nervous of counter attacks from both side so they don't commit to many players to attack, this is why we get pinned back.

We've got to think positively about this game. It's an opportunity - a difficult one I grant you - to wipe out some of the bitter memories from Saturday and to regain our momentum.

And we're fortunate to be in a position where we've got players of the calibre of Rodwell and Bilyaletdinov who can step in for Fellaini and Pienaar (assuming that Arteta remains on the bench).

I don't think there's any compelling reason for Moyes to make many other changes to the team. The main thing he has to address is the attitude on the pitch. But I reckon it will be a very different type of game on Wednesday, more football played.

If he doesn't use him as a sub he'll never in hell would give Coleman a start against Chelsea. He'll put Hibbert in if he was fit and play Neville at DM.

I wish Rodwell was fit!

your probably right faddy, and that is what is so frustraiting!

the things opposition teams fear the most is pace, they are scared to commit players forward in fear of the counter attack.
Ashley cole will love playing agains neville or hibbert.

I would go with this line-up:-

--------------------- Howard ---------------------

--- Coleman --- Heitinga --- Senderos --- Baines ---

--- Donovan --- Arteta --- Rodwell --- Bilyaletdinov ---

--------------------- Cahill ------------------------

--------------------- Saha ----------------------

I do not want to see Neville in the starting line-up, his performance in the Derby was the lowest I have ever seen him, while playing for us.

I would go with this line-up:-

--------------------- Howard ---------------------

--- Coleman --- Heitinga --- Senderos --- Baines ---

--- Donovan --- Arteta --- Rodwell --- Bilyaletdinov ---

--------------------- Cahill ------------------------

--------------------- Saha ----------------------

I do not want to see Neville in the starting line-up, his performance in the Derby was the lowest I have ever seen him, while playing for us.

I would imagine Rodwell being on the bench.

Rodwell is still one for the future in my opinion. Shouldn't be a first choice first teamer at present. Is it a coincidence that we started our 9 game unbeaten run without him, Fellaini slotting in so well to that DM position.

I've got visions of Hibbert being ripped to shreds by Malouda again so hopefully he won't be fit for the Chelski game. I would like to see Seamus in to work with Donovan down that right flank to give them something to think about. Neville into DM.

Howard
Coleman Heitinga Senderos Baines
Donovan Osman Neville Bily (Pienaar if not susp)
Cahill
Saha​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back