Status
Not open for further replies.
-------------------------------Howard-----------------------------

Hibbert/Jacobsen------Jagielka-------Lescott--------------Baines

-------------------------Neville--------Osman---------------------

Gosling-------------------------------------------------------Pienaar

-------------------------------Cahill-------------------------------

-------------------------------Saha-------------------------------

2-0 to the Blues, Saha to score both goals.

This would be my lineup also. Jacobsen staring obviously. We don't need 3 center backs starting. Yobo needs to sit for now. I think we take it and score 2.

What was the point of Jacobsen getting fit if he's not going to fill in for Hibbo? OK, I know he'd be playing against Downing but I'd still prefer him at RB, Jags at CB with Joey on the bench. The problem of course is he's not yet had a game so he'll obviously not play, but if he had been given a run out against West Brom and Blackburn at some stage maybe he'd be ready for this game.

What does the panel think? :bye:

(posted after reading the first couple of line ups - maybe I ought to have read all posts first :huh:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Jags but I'm not so keen seeing him at RB, his crossing leaves a bit to be desired and he's not as adept at coming forward like Hibbo and Phil.

The last few games when he's played at RB the service from that side has been poor and play has been channelled down the left with Baines and Pienaar - no problem with that of course but the whole attack seemed unbalanced as a result of the teams' reluctance to take the ball down the right hand side.

We MUST play better than we did against West Brom and Rovers. I just hope that someone will actually play in CM instead of everyone avoiding it like the plague.

We had got used to seeing Mikel pick up those short clearances from the opposition penalty area and keep the pressure on. Something that was non existant in the last two games.
We can't allow players like Downing to be able to pick up the ball from the edge of their box and run at us when half the defence is out of position.

COYB(y)

if it ain't broke..
jags and lescott in the middle have been awesome.
baines is really finding his groove on the left.
as much as i like yobo its time for him to sit.

nev at rb has the passion to drive up the wing and get forward.

set up like this i'd have no worries about our back line.. the problem area is holding and building play from the middle.

i'd think about playing fellaini deeper .. take on one of the many roles arteta was beginning to fulfill.. wrestle possession, hold and carry then release once the forwards and wings got forward.. this is what we've missed since we lost arteta.

with saha and cahill upfront i think no problem to do boro. but we really need to find that rhythm back in the middle.

Middlesbrough reached the final in '97 but were relegated that season.

I'm not saying a repeat will happen this season but it got me thinking.

They do have some good players, but I think home advantage will work in our favor tomorrow, hopefully the Gwladys Street may suck in a goal or two, but we will see.

Remaining optimistic in these times of (economic) depression.

Who cornrows? Very strange

Yep. The home game against Boro earlier in the season he played an absolute shocker, worst game i've seen him play.

Pretty every pass from him went wrong. Even the simple 10 yard ones.

He better sort it out tomorrow. No point guffing on in the press about filling Artetas creative shoes if ain't gonna step up.

Be it in the middle or on the left, if he plays as well as he can we should win.

But if he tries and tries but delivers nothing again then we will struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back