Everton 2-1 Middlesbrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. The home game against Boro earlier in the season he played an absolute shocker, worst game i've seen him play.

Pretty every pass from him went wrong. Even the simple 10 yard ones.

He better sort it out tomorrow. No point guffing on in the press about filling Artetas creative shoes if ain't gonna step up.

Be it in the middle or on the left, if he plays as well as he can we should win.

But if he tries and tries but delivers nothing again then we will struggle.

Did he play in that game?

Ossie on the left, Gosling on the right & Cornrows in the middle

It'd be worth a try, I'd have no problems with that. I suppose you can always interchange Ossie and Pienaar, Moyes did last season during games. All I know is they need to be closer together, there's no point in having your two most creative footballers on opposite sides of the pitch, there's no link up play.

What I would say is Radio Merseyside asked Moyes about using Pienaar in the Arteta role, he didn't seem keen on it. He said he does a good job for us outwide.

Pienaar has had an inconsistent season, his passing has been nowhere near as sharp as it was last year. His end product was fantastic last season but this year he's flattered to deceive a bit. He started the season off really well but has been inconsistent since, excellent one week and sloppy the next.

One thing I would say about his passing is he's always trying to be positive, inventive and when he does lose the ball it's because he's trying to be creative. We have far too many players who keep it simple, to feet and just keep it moving. Too many midfielders who don’t take responsibility.

You need players like Pienaar, he has a bit of bottle and he never hides. He has a positive influence on the team whether he’s playing well or not. He livens up our play with his energy alone. He covers the most ground in our team, he did when the likes of AJ and Carsley where in our team aswell.

I think he misses Yakubu, they seemed to have a great understanding of each others games and Pienaar created a lot of Yakubu’s goals. Maybe he can get some sort of connection with Saha, hopefully that’s the case.

Did he play in that game?

Yep he came on as a sub laste in the game.

So in that case it wasn't the Boro game it was the Fulham home game when he played a shocker.

Still hoping he steps up tomorow and delivers as our second most skillful midfielder should.

If he plays that is :

Boss Hopeful Over Trio – News Archive – News – evertonfc.com – The Official Website of Everton Football Club

Hopefulyl Moyes is just keeping his cards close to his chest.

Yep he came on as a sub laste in the game.

So in that case it wasn't the Boro game it was the Fulham home game when he played a shocker.

Still hoping he steps up tomorow and delivers as our second most skillful midfielder should.

If he plays that is :

Boss Hopeful Over Trio – News Archive – News – evertonfc.com – The Official Website of Everton Football Club

Hopefulyl Moyes is just keeping his cards close to his chest.

i liked this slight understatement :

When analysing his threadbare squad, Moyes admitted that any more injuries could cause a real crisis.

fly me to the moon forums.

i mean our last two games in the public eye ended 0-0. hardly top form.

you have to be confident you team can make wembley, especially as the avoided mancs, chelsea and the arse.

I cant blame Boro fans for being confident.

If ever there was a time to play us its now with players out and our loss of form.

A month ago we would of spanked them, but now i reckon it will be tight and could go either way.

We should be slight favourites, if we can score than i reckon we will be ok. If we can't score which we are struggling to at the moment they could easily nick one.

We just need to play like we did at the rs without Arteta and we will be fine. The ability is in the team, they just gotta believe in themselves.

Is this game on the telly?

I could have sworn it was but can't seem to find the listing anywhere.

Can't bear that shocking streaming again.

It is on Setanta if thats any good to you mate. For me, it is not so a trip down the local it is because i failed to get a ticket for the game. :(

just found out i've got a ticket!!!!! i'm sitting row nn39 lower gwladys, anybody on here sit near to there? got a feeling it's just to the right and about 4 rows behind a post and you can't see the goal. don't care i'll be singing us to wembley on me own tomorrow.

SHE WORE........................

just found out i've got a ticket!!!!! i'm sitting row nn39 lower gwladys, anybody on here sit near to there? got a feeling it's just to the right and about 4 rows behind a post and you can't see the goal. don't care i'll be singing us to wembley on me own tomorrow.

SHE WORE...

??:unsure::unsure:

Dont know that one mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back