Everton 2-1 Tottenham ,Wed 5th Jan 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 alternative comments from tonight's match:

1 - Neville getting under Bale's skin was fantastic...
2 - ...as was that piece of instant control from Lennon in the first half.
3 - That push from Hutton wasn't a penalty.
4 - Heitinga done really well at getting tight to their strikers when they came short for the ball.
5 - Yakubu, what the [Poor language removed] was that? It was like watching a car break down when he was put through.

Saha

Fellaini

Coleman

- standout performers tonight.

Saha scoring, and build up play second half.

Fellaini - tackles and buildup play

Coleman - for being Coleman and doing the business when he got the opportunity to win it ...

MOM for me Fellaini.

where are all the arteta threads then? was trying his fooking heart out tonight! skill will come!!!

Wish I had seen it.

Had Yak been playing more, I figure he'd have buried any chances. See what happens when your manager doesn't play you enough?

Amazing what happens when players play in their preferred positions (Heitinga).

The Daily Mirror's player ratings:

Everton: Howard 7; Neville 7, Heitinga 6, Distin 6, Baines 6; Coleman 6, Arteta 5, Fellaini 7, Pienaar 6; Saha 7, Beckford 6.

Spurs: Gomes 7; Hutton 7, Gallas 6, Dawson 7, Assou-Ekotto 7; Lennon 6, Modric 6, Jenas 6, Bale 6;(Kranjaer 60, 6) Van der Vaart 8; Crouch 6.

Aha. Ahahaha.

I don't normally pay attention to -- or get bothered by -- that kind of thing, but that's a special kind of ignorance and bullshititude.

I mean, giving VDV an 8 for a game he was largely quiet in shows they'll clearly just fap to his name alone. Sure he scored, but I believe Seamus "6/10" Coleman did too. And he did quite a bit more besides.

Change the thread title. This was the first place I looked following waking up and I was like, oh damn another loss. Looked on BBC and it was all joy again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back