Match Thread Everton 2-3 AFC Bournemouth (Sat 31 Aug 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Bournemouth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well that was a real kick in the teeth...Mykolenko criminal for the first goal.

However we don't need to be too downhearted, from what I saw, (most of the second half), until the capitulation we played really well, looked very bright, playing with intent and snapping into challenges.

We are going to be absolutely fine this season, a kick in the teeth for sure, but ultimately it might cost us finishing thirteenth instead of twelth.
Well said, although probably hard to say right now.

We were really good bar the disgrace(From the players) at the end.

I'm utterly delighted that I went to see my local non-league team today and didn't watch this. Can I guess what happened? Did we go 2-0 up then spend the rest of the game with 11 men behind the ball?

He didnt bring a load of kids on did he? At what point do the players carry the can for a defeat then if not today? Name me one other team who throw that game away from that position? They are unprofessional cowards
He took off the one player who could hold the ball and cause them to be on the back foot. Appalling sub to make. This is on him.

Well that was a real kick in the teeth...Mykolenko criminal for the first goal.

However we don't need to be too downhearted, from what I saw, (most of the second half), until the capitulation we played really well, looked very bright, playing with intent and snapping into challenges.

We are going to be absolutely fine this season, a kick in the teeth for sure, but ultimately it might cost us, by finishing thirteenth instead of twelth.
Good summary but the bit played well until the capitulation is like saying yeah the operation was a success until the patient died. Its kind of irrelevant because any good that would have come from a good performance is ripped up by losing. No good can come from that game . Not a single solitary thing

Can’t believe that or understand how it happened apart from a complete mental collapse. Saw Myko at fault for first goal other two goals from crosses were like a fever dream so didn’t register who was at fault and they were coming at us at will. It did all change after the subs unfortunately but that collapse still shouldn’t happen after 87 minutes?. Do these collapses always happen when Keane is in the team ? Getting ripped to shreds on whatts app from Reds. Was looking forward to watching MOTD until …

Another weekend without Match of The Day etc for me. Absolutely gutted and my lad is even worse. Without being there, I can only imagine but I did fear the worse when Doucoure came on. Sorry SD, I've stuck up for you before but I'm running out of positive things to say.

Absolutely shell-shocked after that! After all the screanming and cursing were out of my system three questions came to mind…

1) Why do we employ so many ‘professionl athletes’ who cannot compete for longer than 80 minutes? No other team in any of the four leagues runs out of steam like we do?
2) Why do our considerable tall and muscular centre halves struggle so badly to deal with. Rosses?
3) Why, when two nil up and suddenly coming under the cosh at the end, do none of our players take a booking for the team or time waste, to break up the flow of the oppositions play?

My brain is wrecked after that, one of the most entertaining Everton performances for a long time, yet we spewed our rings up and handed it over to them.
Hot day. They made five subs.
Dyche made two and took off probably the only player still capable of taking the ball to them.
We're a clown show at the back at the moment. We were on the front foot for over 80 mins of that but as soon as any pressure came on, we collapsed. We miss Branthwaite terribly.
Why wasn't O Brien brought on to go five across the back and add some height and weight to the centre!?

Good summary but the bit played well until the capitulation is like saying yeah the operation was a success until the patient died. Its kind of irrelevant because any good that would have come from a good performance is ripped up by losing. No good can come from that game . Not a single solitary thing
Glass half full my fellow Toff, half full.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back