Match Thread Everton 2-3 AFC Bournemouth (Sat 31 Aug 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Bournemouth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who do you think is to blame ?…..don’t just say ‘ the players’, name names and why…..
Not sure what you want me to say to be honest.

The whole back line was an absolute shambles at the end, including the God that is Jordan(Pffft).

Most of the team believed that they would score with every attack that they had, it was plain to see.

This is my point, it's a mentality that's ingrained in the club and has been for years.

It's what always happens, isn't it?

I don't blame the manager, I blame the actual people responsible for it..

It's not a difficult concept to understand either.

Again, we should have been able to put the under 16's on at the end of that game and still win..

But of course no, somehow we lost it.

I think the easy way out is blaming the players i think it's a bit more complex i think the fact we've got a bunch of weak players doesn't help plus the inability at 2-1 for dyche to get a grip and organise a bit such as play it into the corners take time out the game has to have a bearing on it. Just to point at the players misses the point it was a collective failure to deal with what was happening in front of them, rather than one or the other.

That is the most everton thing ever.

IMG_0279.jpeg.f2dd81f8f5757e8802e470c83eae6fb5.webp

This is a hard one to get past. Once again we're the laughing stock. The subs were bad, but we still should have seen that out. Why we are so desperate to attack and go for goal at 2-1 up is unbelievable. All day, I keep seeing 3/4 of our players with the ball on the left side by the flag desperate to play it into the box. Go to the flag and win a throw in to slow it all down.

It's just pure looka me looka me tinkerman stuff, everybody knows the Reffs add on time for 88th minute subs so you're gaining nothing.
Unless Ndiaye had a knock, for 7 or 8 mins rest what was the point???
Except...
It upsets the balance of what...until a daft goal...worked quite well - it could been 4 or 5 ffs
It handed the initiative to an already regalvinised team
Dyche then compounded the error by bringing on an 'Anti-Ndiaye' in Doucoure.

And last but not least - those overpaid brain dead bottle merchants on the field.
Premier League Experience my Arse.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back