Match Thread Everton 2-3 AFC Bournemouth (Sat 31 Aug 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Bournemouth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bottom line for me is that even if our players were tired, we were in control.

Dyche bleated on last season that if the game plan is working, a sub can do more harm than good so he won’t make them.

Our gameplan was working perfect and instead of doing what he always does, he actually changes it and we lost our edge.

If you combine that with the fact that we have a 2 week break now, our players have plenty of time to recover because how many are actually going on international duty? DCL certainly isn’t.

Not sure what you want me to say to be honest.

The whole back line was an absolute shambles at the end, including the God that is Jordan(Pffft).

Most of the team believed that they would score with every attack that they had, it was plain to see.

This is my point, it's a mentality that's ingrained in the club and has been for years.

It's what always happens, isn't it?

I don't blame the manager, I blame the actual people responsible for it..

It's not a difficult concept to understand either.

Again, we should have been able to put the under 16's on at the end of that game and still win..

But of course no, somehow we lost it.
This is why everyone should blame the manager….

Could not see seemingly the deteriorating energy levels in the team with certain players
Took off the attackers who gave the back line of Bournemouth the most to think about. Even if tired, they could have kept hold of the ball and retained possession but once they know they were off, they could come forward with a little more freedom
Did not react the the fresh legs being brought in by Bournemouth which at 2-0 which meant they had more energy than us
Didn’t make use of the full quote of subs he could use e.g. could have brought Garner on as either an additional member of the midfield to clog it up or even if just as a like for like replacement
Could ‘smell it in the air’ yet through the appropriate way to deal with it, is shout instructions from the side lines and not engage in any of the above managerial activities.

Yes players allowed crosses into the box and then we didn’t deal with them once they arrived, and yes that is down to them shutting off, but that is more down the physical and mental fatigue.

The person who shut off the most was Dyche, but he did not have the excuse of physical or mental fatigue because as we’ve all learned by now, he simply either refuses or is not very good at in game, tactical adjustments.

He made his first dun on the 83rd minute, by that time Bournemouth that made 5. And the goal was coming for twenty minutes lad unless you're blind
You clearly didn't go the game. We were on top of that match until we took off N'daiye in the 83rd minute.

Still can't understand why he didn't bring Garner on for Tim. If he wasn't fit don't put him on the bench.

And O'Brien should have come on when we conceded the first. To make the midfield more compact. The game went from us running at them to them running at us.

Even if legs are tired in the attacking areas you still want attackers to be that out ball if necessary but attackers who can retain possession. NDiaye is that out ball. It stuck to him like glue. Once you replace him with Doucoure, it’s no longer an outball you lose possession more, but the opposition also then feel emboldened alongside their fresh energy to come into the game.

Not sure what you want me to say to be honest.

The whole back line was an absolute shambles at the end, including the God that is Jordan(Pffft).

Most of the team believed that they would score with every attack that they had, it was plain to see.

This is my point, it's a mentality that's ingrained in the club and has been for years.

It's what always happens, isn't it?

I don't blame the manager, I blame the actual people responsible for it..

It's not a difficult concept to understand either.

Again, we should have been able to put the under 16's on at the end of that game and still win..

But of course no, somehow we lost it.
Dyche has set his stall and bagging about changing the mentality of the club and that was the worst capitulation so late in a game, he has been in charge 18 months...

Cant see how he cannot take some if not all the blame now. And another he bores us all with is being difficult to beat, the bloke cannot even get his boring narrative across he is just full of his made up cliches.

Engrain maximum effort is the minimum requirement, he is bullshitter and been found out.

Last edited:

The much maligned Godfrey and Gomes needed to come on yesterday - one for the aggressive defending and the other for football intelligence.

In the absence of both, O’Brien and Garner were obvious changes.
Putting Doucs and Beto on in a game where you just need 10 minutes of control was insane.
Most if not all other managers would have gone 5 at the back and energized midfield. Oh no he brings on the least technical forward players we have.

Good performances are more indicative of final points total than results. It's not a difficult concept. If we carry on playing like that we will be absolutely fine once Branthwaite comes back. We played some of the best stuff I have seen for a while in the second half and miraculously seem to have signed two players with genuine quality on the ball.
We conceded 3 goals

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back