Match Thread Everton 2-3 AFC Bournemouth (Sat 31 Aug 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Bournemouth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good counting. But the performance was excellent for 87 minutes and with Branthewaite back we won't concede those goals.
My excellent counting can also count the points column and goals conceded column. But everything is fine, we’ll win all our games now because we played good for one game (and disgracefully in the others, funny how those weren’t considered the norm performance wise but yesterday was)

My excellent counting can also count the points column and goals conceded column. But everything is fine, we’ll win all our games now because we played good for one game (and disgracefully in the others, funny how those weren’t considered the norm performance wise but yesterday was)
Based on the game yesterday, do you think Bournemouth or Everton will have more points come the end of the season?

I had friends and work colleagues who are supporters of various teams who scoffed and thought I was deranged when I told them I was still concerned at 4-0 up against Brighton the other year. I’ve had many messages in the last 12 hours from those people who now understand why. Every cloud and all that

Based on the game yesterday, do you think Bournemouth or Everton will have more points come the end of the season?
I know they have more than us now. Nothing in the future is guaranteed, so predictions are completely moot. Points on the board now are much more valuable than hypothetical ones in god knows when.

Dyche messed about with the team there and we lost some momentum. Dyche has no clue how to manage!!!!
We are on the back of 2 heavy defeats
2-0 up and in control and looking like we are going for a third and to put the game to bed
Everyone who has played coached or watched football knows 2-0 up is a dangerous lead
What does Dyche do ?
Takes off our best player , our main attacking threat
Why saving him for the next game , it’s a 2 week break
If he stays on the pitch Bournemouth stay back and try and keep it at 2-0
Granted the rest of them should have seen it out and it was bad game management
That defeat is all down to Dyche and his negative tactics

Massive positive - for 75 minutes we were in the box seat, playing well, creating, defending as a team and actually looking like we could play football. But we ran out of steam because too many players Harrison, McNeill, Iroegbunam and Tarkowski (who isn't fully fit) had run themselves into the ground. I thought DCL and Ndiaye still had much to offer energy wise. We needed fresh legs on, particularly in midfield Garner and Doucoure should have come on for Iroegunam and McNeill and Young for Harrison. Then Beto for DCL and Lindstrom for Ndiaye. We didn't have the legs to stop the crosses coming in and that exposed our weaknesses - Pickford doesn't command his six yard box and stays rooted on his line - goal 1 and 3 - the second, poor observation from Tarkowski and Iroegbunam should have picked him up but was too knackered.

This defeat is down to Dyche not using his 5 subs, just as the way we played for 75 minutes is down to Dyche starting to assemble a team that can play.

Subs cost us like they have time and time again.

Dyche leaves them too late or always seemingly negative subs. Bournemouth had used all 5 before we had used any, team was full of fresh legs. While our players how looked tired carried on, and where left on after the subs.

Ffs

I know they have more than us now. Nothing in the future is guaranteed, so predictions are completely moot. Points on the board now are much more valuable than hypothetical ones in god knows when.
Past performance is a guide to future performance. Performances are the best guide to long term points accumulation. Please educate yourself.

Woke up this morning then after 1 minute the game came back into my head. Played really well to 86 minutes, I only hope they stick with that but manage the game better and utilise the 5 subs more tactically / replace tired players better. International break is a nightmare and next few fixtures are tricky. My main worry is what yesterday will do to everyone’s confidence and that they will go on an even more downward spiral. O’Brian needs to be started at centre back now (we can’t be any worse in shipping goals) and I would only give Seamus one half then Dixon, reinforce midfield with fresh players as game goes on. Mykos form is worrying though, looks sluggish, Pickford needs to come for more crosses too.

I wrongly went on to X (formerly twitter) and right away my feed was full of tweets reminding me of the pain.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back