Match Thread Everton 2-3 AFC Bournemouth (Sat 31 Aug 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Bournemouth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

He never takes off McNeil under any circumstances if he can help it. Mental.
I thought McNeil was good today and I’m one of his harshest critics but it was so obvious him, Harrison and Tim were knackered. Don’t get me started on Mykolenko, can’t believe we still refuse to prioritise the RB and LB positions.

Any other side in the division would of scored double figures yesterday.
We played well but were not ruthless enough, we should be talking about a solid performance and a very comfortable 6/0 win,
This negates any situation where our subs are an issue, but the fact that they were still in the game is on the players and poor finishing and game management by the senior pro’s,
We were out on our feet and perversely Bournemouth’s subs changed the game, with loads of pace against a slow and physically tired side.
That compounded with the complete unprofessional manner to slow the game, make fouls, keep the ball and basically slow the game to a standstill was shocking.
It was a good performance in the main, but the ability to self destruct is impressive in its woe-fullness.
I’m really not a Dyche fan, but imo the result was on the players.
Maybe though, just maybe, the years of playing one upfront against whoever we play is coming home to roost.

I hardly slept last night and when I did I woke up generally in complete mental disappointment.

I’ve watched toffee tv’s match summary after the game and I completely disagree with it. He’s having a go at Dyche for the team not being 5/6 up and then being too negative. I would argue you can’t blame the manager for chances missed and I do not believe for a second Dyche was negative. He should have been more negative - that’s the problem.

With ten minutes left the players looked spent. Every sub should have been used because everyone looked done in. 5 at the back sures the game up, allows us to push players closer to their wingers and hopefully stops crosses, we should of done the same last season away at Brighton.

Jake on and go 5 across the back. Get Young on for Myko (who keeps getting skinned every week), get Dixon on for Coleman. Then get Garner on and tell him to screen in front as Tim and Gana looked tired. 5 4 1 see’s that game through, especially with 5 minutes left.

I just cannot believe it. It’s nothing to do with luck, it’s to do with not seeing the game out. If Dyche is having trouble getting a message across you do what they did in the first half, take an injury and get everyone over to drink water and get some messages across, there were plenty of players on the pitch with this experience. I don’t even know what else to say.

The capitulation and result aside, Ndiaye was a light in the darkness today. I thought our new signings were outstanding, especially Ndiaye.
He was the one player still full of running. If he strayed on for 90 and then was subbed and got a well deserved applause I’m convinced we will have won this game to zip. It’s sad because we should be talking about our best performance under Dyches tenure in my opinion. As for the young lad from Villa. He had an outstanding 75minutes, but he should have gone as a straight swap for garner and probably should have took Gana off for Doucoure. But it’s all ifs and buts now.

Woke up this morning then after 1 minute the game came back into my head. Played really well to 86 minutes, I only hope they stick with that but manage the game better and utilise the 5 subs more tactically / replace tired players better. International break is a nightmare and next few fixtures are tricky. My main worry is what yesterday will do to everyone’s confidence and that they will go on an even more downward spiral. O’Brian needs to be started at centre back now (we can’t be any worse in shipping goals) and I would only give Seamus one half then Dixon, reinforce midfield with fresh players as game goes on. Mykos form is worrying though, looks sluggish, Pickford needs to come for more crosses too.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back