Match Thread Everton 2-3 AFC Bournemouth (Sat 31 Aug 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Bournemouth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
17mil on a cb who the manager doesn't rate
"The true test will come against the quicker, more nimble Premier League attackers. Dyche said O’Brien admitted to struggling with the speed of play during pre-season, but there were examples of his recovery pace, particularly chasing balls in the channels."

He's just being eased in like pretty much every club does with new signings.

RS have VVD, Salah and TAA out of contract next year. They will play. I think we have got too hung up with this because we are used to our better players being sold pretty quickly, and our crap players just sucking up their wages.

If he is the best striker available/fit, he will play. If he is half arsing it in training (Dyche trains at with match levels of contact and aggression) he won’t play. Him starting just indicates the management team believe he is our best option today.
Hope if he looks like firing another blank today that Beto will get more than the 15 or so minutes that he usually gets. With a bit more time on the field I think he could hit some form that he won`t be able to get to with 10 or 15 minutes towards the end of games.

The thing with Keane is he and and Tarkowski should be more experienced playing together. Were they both at Burnley simoultaneously? Keane has been here for Tarkowski's entire tenure, training day in day out. So I get Dyche's logic. Better than an unproven CB at this level.
BUT Keane is still not very good, and the speed of our defence becomes scary with Coleman and Tarkowski. Mykolenko is younger but not a pace man.
Putting N'Diaye in is great to see but if he shuffles him out to LM and gives McNeil the free central role it will end in tears.
Not really sure how Harrison merits his place and DCL should be dropped unless he has got an amazing off field attitude that he has displayed.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought the 'done thing' was that if a player scores they've earnt the right to start the next game

I love Dyche but genuinely disappointed in him here, really unfair on Beto that.

Can just tell already we're not going to use the buy option on Lindstrom
I do think Beto should be given a run of games in all honesty, especially considering he scored. He at least looks more lively

I just said similar to my friend. Garner had one of his best games for us at right back, although I can’t remember who it was against, as it was a long time ago! And he did well there for England u21s. Glad it’s Coleman ahead of Young though

Bournemouth at home in the must win on final day of 2023 season funnily enough.

At least there's options on the bench, let's hope Dyche freshens things up on the hour regardless of the score rather than 80th minute when it may be too late.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back