Match Thread Everton 2-3 AFC Bournemouth (Sat 31 Aug 3:00 PM)

Your Everton MOTM vs Bournemouth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hope if he looks like firing another blank today that Beto will get more than the 15 or so minutes that he usually gets. With a bit more time on the field I think he could hit some form that he won`t be able to get to with 10 or 15 minutes towards the end of games.

People will be saying this about Beto until he sell him to a club in Scotland or Belgium for 5 million.

How on earth does Harrison keep getting a game? Never scores. Never assists. One of the worst offenders for causing attacking opportunities to break down. He’s fine as a squad player, should never be starting if we can help it.

The thing with Keane is he and and Tarkowski should be more experienced playing together. Were they both at Burnley simoultaneously? Keane has been here for Tarkowski's entire tenure, training day in day out. So I get Dyche's logic. Better than an unproven CB at this level.
BUT Keane is still not very good, and the speed of our defence becomes scary with Coleman and Tarkowski. Mykolenko is younger but not a pace man.
Putting N'Diaye in is great to see but if he shuffles him out to LM and gives McNeil the free central role it will end in tears.
Not really sure how Harrison merits his place and DCL should be dropped unless he has got an amazing off field attitude that he has displayed.

That's what he said within a month of coming in. Remember Coady played the first 2-3 games and then he was dropped for Keane and Dyche simply stated he knew his defensive system better.

The issue though was keeping Keane in for two months. Luckily he was finally dropped for Mina with five games remaining and that was enough to get the club over the line.

Big game

Think we'll struggle to win with Keane in the side, hoping Illest man can make the difference in attack, excited to see what he can do

2-1

Coyb

Pressure. Why did he start Keane and Doucoure in the first place when he had clearly better options?

Ah the he good old ‘the fans made him do it’

Yeah I’m sure he said to himself ‘I’m going to let Mina leave, let Coady leave, let Holgate go on loan, leave Godfrey on the bench, and recall Branthwaite from PSV and then play him almost every game that season because the fans might be unhappy if I don’t’

There were many many other options available to him than playing Branthwaite for almost the whole season as first choice. He didn’t take any of them. To suggest that’s down to some fan pressure is a ridiculous argument.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back