Match Thread Everton 3-0 Doncaster Rovers - EFL Cup Second Round - Tue 27 Aug 7:45pm

Your Everton MOTM vs Doncaster Rovers

• Total voters
Here we go, lined up like five Vulcan bombers on the runway at RAF Finningley performing a rapid engine start ...

Virginia

Young
Welch
O'Brien
Campbell

Armstrong
Metcalf

Lindstrom
Harrison
Ndiaye
Beto

Beto's favourite team to score against, he doubles his brace with a double brace and Lindstrom chips in with a fifth.

Everton 5 Donny & Marie 0

NSNO
💙

Here we go, lined up like five Vulcan bombers on the runway at RAF Finningley performing a rapid engine start ...

Virginia

Young
Welch
O'Brien
Campbell

Armstrong
Metcalf

Lindstrom
Harrison
Ndiaye
Beto

Beto's favourite team to score against, he doubles his brace with a double brace and Lindstrom chips in with a fifth.

Everton 5 Donny & Marie 0

NSNO
💙
Live long, and prosper with this formation.

If I was McCann I'd be telling them get right into the Everton faces tonight. Try and hit them hard and put them under pressure. If Doncaster came out with that energy I think they could cause us problems. If they sit back and try to hit us on the break I don't think that would work. I don't know a lot about Doncaster but I remember them giving us a game 12 months ago and we go away with one.

If I was McCann I'd be telling them get right into the Everton faces tonight. Try and hit them hard and put them under pressure. If Doncaster came out with that energy I think they could cause us problems. If they sit back and try to hit us on the break I don't think that would work. I don't know a lot about Doncaster but I remember them giving us a game 12 months ago and we go away with one.
Think even mentally they’ll be coming into it in a different place. They score goals, don’t leak too many. 6th in league two. Decent start so far. Finished 5th last season.

Think they’re comparatively more confident and know Goodison is a place they could get a result. Us on the other hand - no goals since the Roma game and a couple of beatings. Think we’ll be a bit cagey in the first 45 but think we’ll definitely concede at some point - but do think we’ll win.

Think even mentally they’ll be coming into it in a different place. They score goals, don’t leak too many. 6th in league two. Decent start so far. Finished 5th last season.

Think they’re comparatively more confident and know Goodison is a place they could get a result. Us on the other hand - no goals since the Roma game and a couple of beatings. Think we’ll be a bit cagey in the first 45 but think we’ll definitely concede at some point - but do think we’ll win.

I agree. Nothing to lose and a big occasion to hit us while we're vulnerable. I just don't want to make hard work of it. Try and get the job done early and take players off ready for Saturday. Give game time to get players up to speed and get a win on record.

really only care for our fans attending.

we’ve gotta bigger priority’s than this game IMO

On that note I got me Dad a ticket last night, he originally wasn't able to go but now he is and there were still a fair few seats left. Maybe Dyche was right about us after all???

Nah only messing, it's bloody Doncaster FFS.

3-0 Everton, Beto, Ndiaye and Lindstrom all to net.

is everyone excited for the begovic, young, keane and holgate defence tonight 👀
giphy.gif

Maybe Virginia and Begovic get a half each.
Does young really need match fitness after missing one game - I mean he is 756 years old...
O'Brien and Keane and Myko
Gana gets a rest, Doucoure further back in MF with Tim and later Harrison.
N'diaye and Lindstrom get starts
Beto up front
Fill in the blanks

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back