Match Thread Everton 3-0 Doncaster Rovers - EFL Cup Second Round - Tue 27 Aug 7:45pm

Your Everton MOTM vs Doncaster Rovers

• Total voters
Thought that was quite poor personally.

Against lower league opposition you should be able to dominate the ball and dictate the pace and we didn’t do much of either.

N’Diaye has shown flashes, Beto has looked better and Tim has carried on from his performances so far.

Haven’t seen much of O’Brien really which as a defender is fine but Lindstrom needs to get involved more for me

Yeah, Beto looks like he could really bully a defence and bring others into play if the others got near him.

N’Diaye needs to be played through the middle - has looked decent in bursts.

Every other Premier League team winning at half time. Except us.

8 or 9 of our first choice 11 starting at home against a team 3 divisions below us.

0 shots on target.
0 big chances created.

The inevitable question, I’m sure Sean will be thinking, the fans just aren’t pulling their weight.

Correct.

I just passed 3 40 + year old heffers on the way to the bar to watch this who were moving faster than our lads.

Can’t believe Everton v Donny is on here in Corfu 😂
IMG_2175.webp

Apparently beinSports2 is showing numerous saves from over the summer by keepers.

So take it as a sign, seeing no goals via highlights at HT matches no goals live neither!

No shots on target against League 2 Doncaster Rovers.

Best chance was hitting the post following a set piece.

Passing and interplay is atrocious.

Every Premier League side is ahead against their lower league opposition. Except Everton.

Don’t usually get too concerned about us struggling in these early cup games, we love doing things the hard way, but following the performances against Brighton and Spurs - it’s very concerning.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back