Everton 3-1 Sheffield United. Wednesday 24th August @ 20.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, can't complain about that. Heart sunk when they went ahead, we got a bit of luck with the own goal but after that we didn't look back. Yes, it was "only Sheff Utd in the League Cup at home" but you know what? I couldn't care. 3 goals, plenty of efforts alongside that and surely at least a semblance of confidence has been gained.

Now, the important thing - we must take that onto Saturday; because Blackburn probably gained a little bit of confidence tonight as well.

Btw just a mention about Anichebe, i thought he did great, and its a shame he did nothing with his run, because it ruined his performance, he is best when he runs at defenders and he did that a few times tonight, getting some good crosses in, took his goal calmly, and it cant be easy knowing most of the people dont have faith in you.

Well done Anichebe to be honest

Btw just a mention about Anichebe, i thought he did great, and its a shame he did nothing with his run, because it ruined his performance, he is best when he runs at defenders and he did that a few times tonight, getting some good crosses in, took his goal calmly, and it cant be easy knowing most of the people dont have faith in you.

Well done Anichebe to be honest

I predicted he would have a decent game,predictably against lesser opposition - i insist he will be excellent for a Championship side, i really believe that.

He isn't a premier league striker, and will never be.

I made it 15 mins of them and 40 secs of us. FFS

Why do you even bother with the BBC? you have the internet, the goals are on 101greatgoals almost immediatly! plus on espn goals app for iOS if you have an iPhone.

I havent watche Match Of The Day in about 12 years.

I think I said it before the game, at numerous stages in the game and then again post-game.

I'm detaching this result from the premier league mate. As should we all, because last season showed that cup wins over gash teams don't change our PL fortunes.

However I'm glad we avoided this banana skin and hopefully we can have a good cup run. :)

I think what struck me was less what was being said and more where and when it was being said. Yes, this game tells us nothing about our league form and we all knew that but when our first reaction to a goal and a win is to straight away say "oh we're doing well in this match but we're still ****" as if to try and stamp down our own optimism that's quite telling about the general mood among fans.

Like I said we were 2-1 up and still playing and everyone on here was talking how we'd lose on saturday. It's not so much that I expected us to be thinking we'd win against Blackburn so as much I expected not to be talking about Blackburn at all.

Barkley looked impressive, watched it again this morning. His movement off the ball needs a bit of work but when he's on it he looks a different class. Ambidexter feet, great touch, good eye for a pass and pretty athletic to match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back