Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed his dream club haven't even bid after Man Utd made the first move.
I think there maybe a bit of a chain/domino/musical chairs thing going on here.
The Independent 'expect' Chelsea to make a bid.
Griezmann's staying al Atletico...supposedly.
There were rumours of Costa going back there
round and round and round.
Nobody has said - rein ne va plus
The music hasn't stopped yet
Adele hasn't even taken her coat off yet.

yes, and I applied a 35mio profit to May 2017 bringing that tax asset down to 24mio. NB I'm not sure what the corporate tax rate is; I used 33% in calculating tax of 15mio for year ended May 2018
**********CRAP ACCOUNTY-WOUNTY TAX DRIVEL - IGNORE**********

This may be nonsense, but had a look at things and hopefully got them right in my head - it is stupidly late, but my interest has been piqued.

If I'm correct about roll-over relief, if the profit on the sale of Stones is immediately used to buy other assets, the gain is deferred and not taxed. This assumes that player registrations are treated as business assets by HMRC and are able to be pooled in their use, ie you can sell 1 player and invest in more than 1 and still offset.

Looking at the 2016 note 8 a, it would appear that the adjustments to trading loss which includes the player trading account (24333) are 1360 add back for disallowed expenses (can't identify but would have thought that the depreciation figure in it's entirety would normally be here so 1360 is just weird) then less (40) which is disallowed income (this is probably the amortisation of the grant of 38k in round figures), so 24333+1360-40 = -23013 *.2 = 4.6 mil allowing for rounding.

This differs from the increase in tax "asset" of 3.7 by 900k, which must be the adjustment for NBV, decelerated Capital allowances (presumably Pool assets at 18% NBV write down as opposed to the 20% straight line depreciation for plant & machinery and 33% for motor vehicles (the vehicles may attract as little as 8% RB capital allowances from memory). Without specific details, I can't work out how it is arrived at.

So if I'm right about the roll over relief, then the Stones profit which would cover the 35mil that you reckon would be rolled over with no tax charge and no diminution in the tax losses, and with the Rom profit being re-invested, probably a similar scenario.

Tax rate for this year 20% next year 19% from memory.

Probably a waste of my time and yours to be honest.

@ToffeeTim - is the above anywhere near plausible?

Last edited:
There's some serious revisionism going on in this thread.

Lukaku has been Everton's best striker for decades. He has a consistency of scoring goals that is incredibly valuable to us as a club. He's played for Everton for 4 years as a high performing young striker so fair play to him, I wish him well.

I'm not gonna demonise him for his poor touch or other stuff that gets levelled at him. That would be daft. He's ace, really ace and his goals are indicative of the player we are about to lose. We will struggle to replace his goals, sure we can try and spread them out but there's a risk that won't work so well.

I've loved watching him play for Everton and at his age there's scope for him to get even better. I'm not devastated he's leaving as I'm getting too old for that and because he doesn't want to continue playing for Everton so out he goes.

What a striker though. Gonna miss him like.
Good God - you're off your fence boss.

Feeling OK?
;)

Lukaku has been Everton's best striker for decades. He has a consistency of scoring goals that is incredibly valuable to us as a club. He's played for Everton for 4 years as a high performing young striker so fair play to him, I wish him well.

I'm not gonna demonise him for his poor touch or other stuff that gets levelled at him. That would be daft. He's ace, really ace and his goals are indicative of the player we are about to lose. We will struggle to replace his goals, sure we can try and spread them out but there's a risk that won't work so well.

I've loved watching him play for Everton and at his age there's scope for him to get even better. I'm not devastated he's leaving as I'm getting too old for that and because he doesn't want to continue playing for Everton so out he goes.

Yep, some wonderful memories.

But on we chug. Hopefully our next hero is just about to arrive, and hopefully they start lifting some pots.

+1 People just bitter he wants to go

**********CRAP ACCOUNTY-WOUNTY TAX DRIVEL - IGNORE**********

This may be nonsense, but had a look at things and hopefully got them right in my head - it is stupidly late, but my interest has been piqued.

If I'm correct about roll-over relief, if the profit on the sale of Stones is immediately used to buy other assets, the gain is deferred and not taxed. This assumes that player registrations are treated as business assets by HMRC and are able to be pooled in their use, ie you can sell 1 player and invest in more than 1 and still offset.

Looking at the 2016 note 8 a, it would appear that the adjustments to trading loss which includes the player trading account (24333) are 1360 add back for disallowed expenses (can't identify but would have thought that the depreciation figure in it's entirety would normally be here so 1360 is just weird) then less (40) which is disallowed income (this is probably the amortisation of the grant of 38k in round figures), so 24333+1360-40 = -23013 *.2 = 4.6 mil allowing for rounding.

This differs from the increase in tax "asset" of 3.7 by 900k, which must be the adjustment for NBV, decelerated Capital allowances (presumably Pool assets at 18% NBV write down as opposed to the 20% straight line depreciation for plant & machinery and 33% for motor vehicles (the vehicles may attract as little as 8% RB capital allowances from memory). Without specific details, I can't work out how it is arrived at.

So if I'm right about the roll over relief, then the Stones profit which would cover the 35mil that you reckon would be rolled over with no tax charge and no diminution in the tax losses, and with the Rom profit being re-invested, probably a similar scenario.

Probably a waste of my time and yours to be honest.

@ToffeeTim - is the above anywhere near plausible?
little-girl-oops-face-what-the-heck-is-this-.webp

+1 People just bitter he wants to go

If I am honest with you, I would think it strange if a football fan was not "bitter" when a star player makes it so public that he wants to leave.

He just dismissed our club like some no account two bob outfit when he said playing at Everton next season was "not an option"......and two years of his contract yet to run.

And as far as I can see, he never bothered turning up when the squad reported back for pre season training the other day....he is on a jollie with Pogba in SoCal.

Personally I am totally indifferent to the guy and could care less if he stays of goes.

But I can sure empathise with them as are indeed "bitter" about the way he has repeatedly dissed EFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back