Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

**********CRAP ACCOUNTY-WOUNTY TAX DRIVEL - IGNORE**********

This may be nonsense, but had a look at things and hopefully got them right in my head - it is stupidly late, but my interest has been piqued.

If I'm correct about roll-over relief, if the profit on the sale of Stones is immediately used to buy other assets, the gain is deferred and not taxed. This assumes that player registrations are treated as business assets by HMRC and are able to be pooled in their use, ie you can sell 1 player and invest in more than 1 and still offset.

Looking at the 2016 note 8 a, it would appear that the adjustments to trading loss which includes the player trading account (24333) are 1360 add back for disallowed expenses (can't identify but would have thought that the depreciation figure in it's entirety would normally be here so 1360 is just weird) then less (40) which is disallowed income (this is probably the amortisation of the grant of 38k in round figures), so 24333+1360-40 = -23013 *.2 = 4.6 mil allowing for rounding.

This differs from the increase in tax "asset" of 3.7 by 900k, which must be the adjustment for NBV, decelerated Capital allowances (presumably Pool assets at 18% NBV write down as opposed to the 20% straight line depreciation for plant & machinery and 33% for motor vehicles (the vehicles may attract as little as 8% RB capital allowances from memory). Without specific details, I can't work out how it is arrived at.

So if I'm right about the roll over relief, then the Stones profit which would cover the 35mil that you reckon would be rolled over with no tax charge and no diminution in the tax losses, and with the Rom profit being re-invested, probably a similar scenario.

Tax rate for this year 20% next year 19% from memory.

Probably a waste of my time and yours to be honest.

@ToffeeTim - is the above anywhere near plausible?
Thank you for that mate...I shall now take some time to cogitate upon it

If I am honest with you, I would think it strange if a football fan was not "bitter" when a star player makes it so public that he wants to leave.

He just dismissed our club like some no account two bob outfit when he said playing at Everton next season was "not an option"......and two years of his contract yet to run.

And as far as I can see, he never bothered turning up when the squad reported back for pre season training the other day....he is on a jollie with Pogba in SoCal.

Personally I am totally indifferent to the guy and could care less if he stays of goes.

But I can sure empathise with them as are indeed "bitter" about the way he has repeatedly dissed EFC.

You gotta understand footballers don't love the club they ply for like the fans do. It's crazy expecting them too. Rom to his credit has given us a good few years of his service but his career and talent has a sell by date and. He needs to move on if he wants to compete for the trophies . Ok he's confident in his abilities and that rubs people up the wrong way but he is justified when he bangs them in like he does

Remember when Lukaku wanted to go to Chelsea because that was his club and dream... Sell him for the 100 million and use that to make this team a force to be reckoned with in the future.

I'm done hearing this guy talk down about this club when he is on international duty, disrespectful. I know we were a "stepping stone" for him but be a little more respectful about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back